The coffeeshops say screw the weedpass

DutchPassionTony

gallery_70468_4085_30605.jpg

A photo from the window of the coffee shop "Eerste Hulp" in Amsterdam

"NO we do not cooperate with the registration of our customers NO TO

THE WEED PASS on behalf of the republic Amsterdam"

The weedpass is a crazy proposal that would put dealers out on the street. But in the unlikely event of it ever becoming a law it would be unenforcable as no-ne would bother with it. It would put holland back 30 years but it shows how stupid the anti-cannabis vuewpoints of some people has become.

• Like 9

I've just been reading about this on FB.....I'm subscribed to a protest group set up by Peter Lunk and Nol van Schaik.

Here is a cut and paste (by Nol)

In Holland we have laws against discrimination, the police is on it, because when people are refused entrance to a bar or disco, they can file charges against the discriminating bar or disco, the police then act, the prosecutor prosecutes the discriminator. So, just go to any coffeeshop in the Netherlands if and after the weedpass is active, you can sue the coffeeshop for discrimination, the police will help you. If all tourist would do that for a week, the Dutch courts will explode from the workload!!

and another

If, and I say If, the minister manages to get coffeeshops to change into membersclubs legally, which he can not, but let's suppose he can....

As a membersclub you have to obide by the rules and laws involved in setting up and running a members club. One of the rules/laws is a membersclub can not deny an applicant membership based on religion, race, color etc....

That would be considered discrimination.

Their group is going to make a good fight of this and I think there is a real good chance of a victory.

I am hoping to be there in Amsterdam for the 420 protest on 20th April.

Edit to add this (also by Nol)

Actually, the weedpass can only be legally introduced in MAASTRICHT, but it needed a change in the Local Council Law (APV) to be able to implement the so-called resident criteria. The (small) majority of the Maastricht City Council is against the weedpass, and announced they would take the change in the APV out this year, so the weedpass can not and e be introduced in Maastricht. No other city has made the change in the APV, necessary to be able to introduce the resident criterium.

I know of more legal hurdles to why the Weedpass simply can not happen, but still I feel I am not crying Wolf. I am worried, because previous governments have f*cked us over too.

Our efforts for the 420 protest is meant to raise worldwide attention for this outrageous discrimination scheme, and to let the Dutch cannabis lovers know they have to registered as a druguser in thge Southern Provinces from May 1, 2012.

Edited by FAI
  • Like 2