Flush Or Not To Flush

DeL BoY

hi,need some advice my skunk special has been in flowering for about 5/6 weeks now but was wondering when will i have to flush and will i have to flush?im using biobizz all mix soil with canna vega & Flores in autopots :spliff:

flushing is a myth anyway! - once feed is in the plant- it's in! - there is no "backflow" mechanism - you do not need to flush a compost grow at all, some people just water for the last week :spliff:

You may be using an organic compost, but Canna is most definitely not organic! lol

Edited by Vlad (the impala)

you'll really notice the improvement when you swithch to Biobizz - the plants just look so much healthier! :)

Watch the colour of the pistils on your plants, they'll start turning colour, probably to brownish - when they reach about 50% keep a careful watch on them, if possible using a powerful magnifying glass to look at the trichomes, then you can harvest them when they are exactly right! :smoke:

As I said, you don't "flush", its a fallacy, but if you want to, you can just give water for the last week...........I'd just keep feeding them till you crop - then if you want to try just watering next time with the same breed, you'll know when they've got a week to go! :wassnnme:

I'm growing in Coco using COGr Flores Nutes and i do last weeks water in just plain water. They love it! Always a nice sweet smell ! ;)

NK.

:yinyang:

If u using canna u need to flush,wait till 60% of the hairs start to brown then look at the tri's if there formed and still clear start to flush them. The plant stores food in its stems and leaf and will use it all throw the grow,so if u pick it with no flushing all u will taste is harsh smoke with a taste of nitrogen,when u flush the plants makeing shore that there plenty of water coming out the bottom of your pots,it pushes the fert's out the soil so the plant has to use the nutrients that it stored in its stem and leaf system, so u will get no taste of man made nutrients in your weed,u will see when the plants are getting ready to pick coz the leafs go yellow coz they have no nitrogen left in the plant to make lush green growth... AND always look at the tri's 2 tell u when it ready to pick..... U ALWAYS HAVE TO FLUSH PLANTS IF U USE MAN MADE NUTRENTS... if u need me to go into it deeper then just ask , i will kindly help..,if u dont over feed your plants then flushing is not a big deal coz your plant can use all fert's insted of storing shit loads iun the soil.......nothing worse than the taste of nutrients when smokeing weed.. good luck and jah bless..but u could flush one and not the other, and i will bet the flushed plant taste better.. lol:(

U ALWAYS HAVE TO FLUSH PLANTS IF U USE MAN MADE NUTRENTS... good luck and jah bless..but u could flush one and not the other, and i will bet the flushed plant taste better.. :puke::stoned:

:( FACT

ok, lets be semantically pedantic! - there is a great misconception about flushing - many people think that the process of removing feed, and giving only water in the last few days in some ways "flushes" the excess nutrients out of the plant - as I mentioned earlier, there is no "backflow" mechanism - once its in the plant, its in! - what "flushing" will do in a compost grow is to allow the plant to use what mineral salts that are left - eventually there is no longer sufficient in the compost to feed it adequately, effectively, the plant is being starved until harvest - I'll agree that if people use crude mineral formulations like Canna, it is probably better to discontinue it's use some time before harvest or it does affect the flavour. Surely this is yet another argument for growing organically - if you don't use harsh minerals, you don't have to withdraw them - a good healthy organic plant is just that, right up to harvest, just taking what it needs from the compost and feed.................. :(

I think everyone agrees :(

OOPs the lights just went out on the Scotland game, Channel 5 check it out............... :stoned:

Edited by scottyDog

Vlad i agree wid u bro if u grow organically then there is no need for all this flushing shit,but wid the big bad man made fertilizers u have to flush,and there is a need to push excessive nutrients out of the growing medium to force the plant to use the nutrients in its cellular system instead of absorbing more fert's from the growing medium... Vlad is it all right if i plug u for info bro coz i am thinking of growing 100% organic and i want 2 make sure i do well first run,and it seems like u know the score.. thanks and jah bless lol

well checked my plants this mornin and i got some brown hairs coming now so should be nearing harvest so ill flush when 50% have turned brown lol