DISCONTINUED BLUE LINES

WaxingGibbous

Hi, in your original post you said that you guys had old discontinued seeds in storage, perhaps Blue Moonshine, do you have any other Blue Strains in the fridge, notably Blue Heaven?

By the way, what's going on with the advertised finishing times for Flo ("take the first flowers at six weeks"?) seemed more like 9-10...

• Like 1

Mmmm the dutch passion vaults mmmm what treasures?

Flo finsishing times can vary loads, I don't know about the current Femmed stock but the Flo regs always showed amazing variation - great for searching out thet special pheno.

Out of 20 or so female Flos there was only one that finished really early - 7-7 1/2 weeks, some of the more thai lookling ones kept on sprouting fresh new pistils right up to 10 weeks....

• Like 1

Hi Goat. You a Flo man then, I only got my dabs on the fems so I only got very uniform purple thai phenos- the seeds were all very pale and immature looking- had quite poor germ rates too. (3 out of 5 on a couple of packs).

The smoke was very special, gutted I burned em slightly with the gentlest of feeding schedules.

A bit of a pain really but I will have to do it again because of what it does for you... so wholesome!

Ahh Flo she's my girl :wub:

Glad you liked the smoke too, some are really special, she makes me feel well and enhanced, definitely not stoned but not racy or para either. A lot of smokers comment about the lovely effect it really is quite unique.

Purple thai pheno is a good one for indoors, not mega strechy with a reasonable yield, even if she takes a bit longer.

Yes got to go steady with the nutes, I think Ph'ing the water helps even in compost (I use Citric acid from the brewshop)

My flo seeds have all been tiny, a mix of dark and pale, 80% germed which is OK for me.

would love to see Blue Heaven come back, i bought some of that on Christania in Copenhagen some 16 years ago, was the first time i smoked a sativa and i´ve been in love with them ever since, we put 1 gram in a joint 3 people and smoked it all, and was realy disapointed untill after 30 mins or so when we noticed how fast we where walking and talking, and how realy far out the things we talked about where

hello chaps,

The blue line is one we love, and have done ever since we first got our hands on them. Today the Blueberry (available in regular seeds still) and AutoBlueberry are the best selling members of the family. We get a few people, notably the old school tokers, who say the blue family is the best in terms of the narcotic strength of the stone and the flavours and aromas.

Blue Moonshine and Flo are still there. Skywalker doesn't seem to sell quite as many as the other blue strains even though she is a quality variety.

We are always looking for, and playing with the Blue family, and have some projects at the moment with her. As always, I have to say that just because we are working with her does not guarantee that we will get a product from her. Much of the genebank stuff is un-named but 'there' if that makes sense. However Blue Heaven is one we don't have in our catalogue, perhaps that came from someone doing some breeding work within the blue family?

I am checking the Flow flowering times by the way.

Guest rasclaart_2011

If I remember rightly, the Skywalker thc % listed in your catalogue isn't overly high, compared with the other blue strains. This could be partly why it doesn't sell as well as the others.

If I remember rightly, the Skywalker thc % listed in your catalogue isn't overly high, compared with the other blue strains. This could be partly why it doesn't sell as well as the others.

Hi Rasclaart, and thanks for the comment. Call me old fashioned, but I worry that the %THC listings can, for some people, cause more confusion than clarity. Some of our respected strains such as Frisian Dew (the test we did came back at about 10% THC) may not have the highest THC rating but are, without doubt, really good smokes with great stones and plenty of satisfied customers.

For me, anything ~10% or over is, from experience, a solid weed. If you get levels of 15% or higher you have a really strong smoke which will need less of it in a joint.

Even different parts of the same plant will give different readings.

In Holland some politicians are trying to get weed of over 15% THC classified into a kind of 'forbidden classification'. This is nonsense really, since you can reduce the %THC reading to below 15% simply by adding some twigs to it, or even by spraying it with water. I am not saying anyone should do that, but it makes a mockery of THC levels.

Likewise, in the past I am sure that some people have enhanced the %THC of their weed by sprinkling some kief (resin glands) onto the weed.

I worry that some of our customers would give too much credence to THC levels, for me %THC is a double edged sword, it can clarify but also confuse.

• Like 2

However Blue Heaven is one we don't have in our catalogue, perhaps that came from someone doing some breeding work within the blue family?

Hi Tony. I believe I read somewhere (it may have been a DP representative or DJ Short himself, I don't recall) that when the Blue lines were initially released by DP, there were many- possibly "too many" initially on offer. A quick look at your website regarding the Blue Family tells me that "Blueberry and Flo ... Blue Velvet, Purple Passion and Blue Heaven" were the siblings released as part of the collaboration between DP & DJ.

I regularly see "Blue Heaven" touted as THE anti-anxiety herb, not bad for a strain that may not even be around any more!

Couldn't agree with you more about THC levels, it's more about complexity of oils in a trichome than what Short called "bland potency"...

The blue family has had its own brand of admirers that is for sure, and always has. Today people still rave about the flavours, colours, smells. It is special to get some 6 month cured Blueberry to smoke or vape. You can just sit and savour the aroma's. It is still premium priced in the coffeeshops if you want original Blueberry grown by one of the old time pro's who still put plant care before profit. Although blue varieties can yield well in optimised conditions they are more often known for the quality than for yield.

Yes, there were you might say more blue varieties at times than there were customers for them. But the real blue fans will I think be a permanent part of cannabis culture.

We are looking at Blue Moonshine at the moment. For some Blue fans it is the best of the family, narcotic as hell ...but not one for the yields. We have a very fruity looking pheno that is being looked as a possible one for the future. But of course nothing is guaranteed...

Blue Heaven was made by DJ Short and is the blue family member closest to the chocolate thai iirc, i wasnt sure if DP had sold it back in the day