Keep Weed Fresh

spongebob

It's also a good idea to keep them in the dark. I have some about a couple of years old or more and they seem to just get better and better :)

:skin_up:

Why not paint the outsides of the jar black.

It's also a good idea to keep them in the dark. I have some about a couple of years old or more and they seem to just get better and better :)

:skin_up:

Why not paint the outsides of the jar black.

Stained glass kilner jars ? Good idea ,no? :hippy:

Hello spongebob

Like others I would recommend Kilner clip-top jars or Le Parfait. I always ensure I dry the bud to where the stems will snap and then put it into jars. I then cure it by "popping" the jars everyday for a month or so. As far as I can tell from inspecting it there doesn't seem to be any mould forming. Whether the potency will degrade is a moot point. Some argue it will actually get more potent over time as it matures in the jars. I have read elsewhere that THC is notoriusly unstable and this aspect of it makes it a pig to synthesize and therefore will significantly decompose over time. I hope to find out if this is true from smoking mine over the next 6 months/1 year (if I can keep it that long!!)

• 7 years later...

6 years since last post..lol

Them kilner clip top jars are not air tight.Their designed to seal with hot liquid inside,the hot liquid creates the seal.

The screw on ones work best .dont screw them on to tight .

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Killer seem to have a design flaw the metal on the catch cracks and chips the glass giving it a swivel from time to time extends the life of them. The cheapo ones I got are much better

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how much a vacuum packing machine would have cost when this thread started but they are very cheap nowadays. Ok using plastic isn't very environmentally friendly but I wash and re-use my bags when possible. Keeps weed lovely and fresh and takes up far less space than using jars.

Cigar smokers have all the humidity ranges your heart could desire for storage. Get a decent jar and get some humidity packs to suit online :)

Im sure 55 to 62% is the range to look at 

Other than periodical refresh they seem to work excellent and arent too pricey. 

Had a bit i had to re hydrate myself recently as the jars were cheap shit and all i could afford so dried out too much. Shame the little cunt sacks stole all my kilners when we got burgled ey

If ever wanting to extract, plan ahead as most people fresh freeze now for terps and flavours 

Sterl

On 30/04/2020 at 4:28 PM, stoned_ape said:

I'll say it because nobody has yet.. 

Douwe Egbert. :yep:

They work well but if you google the companies origins its another company to boycott if your a human rights fan

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sterling-archer said:

They work well but if you google the companies origins its another company to boycott if your a human rights fan

I wasn't aware of this. 

What's their story? 

18 minutes ago, stoned_ape said:

I wasn't aware of this. 

What's their story? 

They are Israel based or owned 

On my boycott list until things improve 

• 1 year later...

Boveda sachet in your jars keeps everything sweet personally prefer the 62% ones keeps you bud spot on!

TS