Keep Weed Fresh

spongebob

Im going to be needing something airtight that will keep my weed fresh for a long time.a good few months or more.What do u recommend i should use?Will any mason jar do or will i need a certain one?i will be needing to keep it fresh for months.also where can i get them?

Edited by spongebob

Kilner jars dude. Make sure its dry, the twigs will snap when you break them, not bend. Burp the jar every day for a few weeks, get a nice sniff as you burp it (Burping is opening jar to circulate air around it) then reseal.

Check curing section dude and read up.

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=38959

Edited by Lake Palmer
  • Like 1

Even good jam jars or jars with good lids are useful . I don't put mine in until the bigger stems are almost snappy . The jar just seals the moisture and distributes it evenly around the bud .Soon after they're pretty dry and keep opening and closing the jars .Move the buds around a bit .

Kilner clip-top jars.

Le Parfait are more expensive, because they're French, I suppose.

note - get clip top, not screw top.

Cheapy shit ones either aren't glass or leak, or both. Avoid.

You'll jar about 1.5 - 2.0 oz dried bud per litre.

It's also a good idea to keep them in the dark. I have some about a couple of years old or more and they seem to just get better and better :)

:skin_up:

• Like 3

After the jars are full, I label them up with strain & date and put them all on the wine rack, it's just a nice place to keep them, although probably not the safest. :yep:

Kilner jars are definitely the way to store weed long term, i've got bud over 18 months old in some of my jars and yes believe me in my opinion all weed gets better after being in the jars for a few weeks or longer,remember to keep it cool and in a dark place and not to forget the strain and date jarred.

My recent harvest which will be added to my collection. :bong:

med_gallery_46705_2371_508753.jpg

• Like 8

Kilner jars are definitely the way to store weed long term, i've got bud over 18 months old in some of my jars and yes believe me in my opinion all weed gets better after being in the jars for a few weeks or longer,remember to keep it cool and in a dark place and not to forget the strain and date jarred.

My recent harvest which will be added to my collection. :bong:

med_gallery_46705_2371_508753.jpg

I am dribbling at the mouth at them pics.

mmmmmmm

• 2 months later...

Kilner jars dude. Make sure its dry, the twigs will snap when you break them, not bend. Burp the jar every day for a few weeks, get a nice sniff as you burp it (Burping is opening jar to circulate air around it) then reseal.

When you 'burp' the jars, how long do you open them for to circulate the air and how often do you do it?

When you 'burp' the jars, how long do you open them for to circulate the air and how often do you do it?

About ten mins is recommended.

I have some about a couple of years old or more and they seem to just get better and better :)

:skin_up:

im not jeolous at all,... nope.... not even a wee bit ....SHOW OFF! hahahaha bet its the smoothest smoke :D:yep: