Co2 Enrichment?

dikki

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on how big your GR is and how strong your extraction system is. Plants can utilise up to 1200 parts per million (ppm) of C02. It occurs naturally at 360ppm. So work out your in/out flow rate in L/min for your GR and apply CO2 @ 1200ppm (0.0012%) accordingly. Example - If your extractor is moving 250 litres per minute then you will have to add 250x1000x0.0012=300cubic centimeters of CO2 per minute. I use a Unis CO2 controller which has preset programmes for different GR sizes. I use a 6kg gas bottle which lasts about 6 weeks on initial findings (4weeks@18/6 and 2weeks@12/12) I set it as recommended for vegging, then go to next highest setting during flowering as extraction is higher during this period. On these settings, CO2 is injected at 4 minute intervals. CO2 controller is on the same timer as the light source. Seems to be doing what it is supposed to be doing, fast growth etc. New strain growing so cannot comment directly RE: previous grows but these plants are well ahead of what I would normally expect at this stage. 29" and 26" on day 21 of 12/12. Started them at about 12" on day one of 12/12 under 400w HPS. Vegging was under 400w MH. Healthy looking plants.