HS2 Train

cheese_force

Hi people,

With the proposed HS2 route that's been in the news lately it seems the route will go through many many miles of untouched countryside, I think that's bad news for us guerilla growers. It's hard enough nowadays to find a decent plot but imagine your grow area was on or near the new route, this can only be bad news. The countryside is going to be a bit too busy for my liking over the next few years, was just wondering what peoples thoughts are on this matter?

Cheers, cheese_force. :unsure:

allways look for a positive id be thinking hmm lot of plants grown on railway embankments ,high speed hmm prob be going so fast they wouldae even recognise all the weed plants im gonna b growin

creates jobs good ,wrecks countryside bad

• Like 1

What is the proposed route roughly? Could be a fecker for some as they will no doubt clear big areas in order to get access for their machines etc I guess. That is, unless they transport evetything by train along the route as it gets built. JCB's etc etc but yeah, eventually more sexy embankments :yinyang:

I'm looking for a new career, £33 billion!

Personal Track Safety certificate here I come, I'll go where the money is!

(I'll ignore any skunk plants I come across) :)

I'm thinking you'd have to be pretty unlucky for a 15ft wide track to ruin one of your grow spots :)

It's not just about the track being in the way mate, it takes a lot of people to build the track/tunnels and before the work even takes place there's gonna be people surveying the route and just a general increase in people, even if your plot is a hundred feet away you still could be seen. Stealth is the name of the game when guerilla growing :ninja:

• Like 1

• 11 years later...

Over 11 years later.

And the answer (for me and someone else I know) is yes. It certainly has ruined our plot/s and potential new ones.

Remember it's not just about the track. The amount of machinery, equipment, hardcore, sand etc involved for building HS2 is ridiculous. So it's a verrrry wide strip thats been ploughed right through our country.

Has it effected anyone else yet?

Edited by Underdog
  • Like 1

Not me personally but I drive past the devastation their causing quite regularly and friends have lost some historic fishing venues to it.. it breaks my heart to see all the wildlife and natural habitats being destroyed just so some fat cunt in a suit can get to work 10 mins quicker :thumbdown:

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Larry Badgeley said:

Quite why anyone would want to get to London quicker is beyond me. 

Yeah , it's mainly to get out of London quicker , but due to the nature of railways you can travel both ways :wacko:

• Like 4