1st grow room 600w/DR/Autopot with pics

batmanfatman

Hello there.

So after my first grow turned into a disaster growing in an en suite that was not light safe and ended in me being unable to harvest I have gone and invested in a new grow room for my 2nd grow. I'd like some opinions on what I've done so far and on where I can go, or any mistakes I may have made before I put it into action.

First off I built a little seedling/clone box out of a spare kitchen cupboard, an emergency mylar heat blanket, 6x 20W 6400K CFL'S, 2x heat mats and some xbox 360 fans I had from 2 RROD 360's.

Not sure if I've over done it with the lights here? The 2 xbox fans keep the air flowing real nice inside there so heat isn't an issue. Yet.

post-69638-0-30370800-1323830317_thumb.jpg

post-69638-0-25052200-1323830358_thumb.jpg

post-69638-0-91723800-1323830671_thumb.jpg

The main grow room contains:

Tent

Secret Jardin DRII 240W

(240mmx160mmx200mm)

Lighting

1 x 1m Parabolic Reflector

1 x 600w Lumitek Digital Ballast

1 x Sylvania 600w HPS

[col(I plan to double the above as funds allow)

Ventilation

1 x 150mm carbon Filter

1 x 150mm 6' Fan

1 x Oscillating Fan

[(At the moment I am just using the room the tent is in as a lung, its a cold room so it will be enough to bring down the temps. I hope to move the tent to a dif location in a month or two and pull in outside air via a vent)

Pots/Medium

1.5" Rockwool cubes

8 x 15L AutoPots w/Airdomes

3 x 50L Bags Canna Clay Pebbles (I know I slightly over bought here )

100L reservoir

(I need to buy an air pump for the airdomes & I want to put an airstone in the reservoir. The Hailea V60 has been recommended but I can't afford it, can you guys suggest anything else? I also want to get a water heating strip for the reservoir as that room is cold outside the tent)

Future Plans

My plans are to add 2 or 4 more autopots and another reservoir when I have the cash available, I think I have the space for them in the DR?? I will also be doubling up on the lighting and adding a bigger extrator if needed and use the existing fan as an intake.

I'm also going to order some web cams and set up a remote monitoring system so I can keep an eye on things when I'm away via my iPhone. I'd love to put in some remote monitoring/control using arduino controlled via iPhone, but i don't know a whole lot about this yet. Would be great to be able to monitor PH, PPM, Temps etc remotely and then alter the fan speed for instance!!!

Anywho please take a look and tell me where I have gone wrong and what I can improve on, I really appreciate any help/comments.

Thanks

post-69638-0-44195900-1323831287_thumb.jpg

Edited by batmanfatman

• 2 weeks later...

i use a tank heater to heat my res up, i found putting an insulated jacket round the res helps keep it warmer for longer, uses less leccy that way, ive got a 47l res and i normally do about one a week with 4 2pot trays. id hold up on buying the extra pots as you got them pushed tight together and the plants will overhang the pots to some extent so you'll be pulling them apart as the plants get bigger, i filled my space with autopots and there wasnt enough room for the plants in there.

good luck with the grow mate

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Old post but how did you get on with your grow,my set up is similar,so interested on any improvements,thanks