Fishing ? Surely There,s Other Fishers ?

trichomedome

aye and i think that fella GFL is banned now from those forums ??

but was an interseting debate i`ll give you that.. there was always 1 guy though...

" why we talking about minnows on a fly forum "

it was he who claimed minnows were terrorising his local loch :wassnnme:

Yep they must be a scary breed of minnow :pitchfork: TCD

GFL is banned now from those forums ?? I don,t know him even from a forum point but from what i read his input won,t be missed lol

"We are talking about minnows at a fly fishing forum, from an indoor growers forum lol:smokin: TCD

Edited by trichomedome

• 4 weeks later...

can't beat a spot of river fishing. I go for the coarse fish mainly but happy to catch anything that swims had a swan on luncheon meat last season!

• Like 1

Sea fish only here, cba to pay 72 sovs for a licence for the river.

Mackerel season soon for the kids down the pier, so will be gearing up soon for it.

But on the quiet side of it for me i like to go spinning for Bass as some local marks that i keep to my self, and get decent results.

Light gear and Floating, Noisy and shiny lure get the Bass and Pollack chasing.

• Like 1

Do you know of anyone fishing for sea trout ? i,ve been reading about sea fishing for them and it apears to be very popular around orkney. TCd

Yeah yeah TCD,Ive fished for troots in the sea and had some good results. What ye want toknow chief

Salty

Im lucky as I have two excellent rivers full of wild Brown trout a just down the road from me and the best bit is they are both free for locals to fish.Aye the weather might be shite and the midges a bit aggresive but we have some cracking fishing up here. :D

• 2 weeks later...

carp all the way for me, although do have the odd affair with other species. luckily i live in the nene valley,i have over a hundred pits within a 20 mile radius. also the ouse and the nene. had an exbidition last wk with my 2 nephews (their first fishing trip). dip nets all the way , (they only 4 and 6) was awsome... dont know who had more fun them or me...

Yeah yeah TCD,Ive fished for troots in the sea and had some good results. What ye want toknow chief

Salty

Sorry budy i,ve not been here as often after me visit from plod. Yes sea trout where would be a likely spot ? just like a beach with a double hander casting into the waves or would the mouth of an estuary with a single hander be a more likely spot. Basicly i don,t know where to start any pointers would be apreciated. regards Tcd

• 2 months later...

Alright mate,hows it hangin? Been a pretty shitty year mate so I havnt been out once myself but Im planning a day soon as the water drops enough.Ive had my season ticket from the start,and the rods are ready so al be watchin the weather forecast closely. Ive caught sea trout a couple of miles from the mouth of a river,and the river in question wasnt that big and Ive also taken them from the mouth of a burn no bigger than a ditch really.Any rocks or sandbars,shallow flats etc and dont be afraid to wade into the surf! Ive had fish on days when my mates on days when my mates have thought I was mad. If you can throw a heavy sinker try sandeel imitations,I used to tye tandem rigs with a couple of badger cock hakles tied in at the head and a silver mylar body,or a light spinning rig with 8lb nylon and small rapalas or even square copper nails with a swivel on one end and a hook on the other.Give it a try sometime,you might surprise yourself!

Salty

:pugwash:

• Like 1

Guest yosser hughes

the last time i went fishing was in 1984 the miners strike,me and a few mates would go up the river usk and wye in oct/nov find the brooks going off the main river with waders on miners lamps and a gaff on the end of a broom stick, pull out salmon due to spawn on the rise and fall of the tide smashed off our nuts great fun it was,well at least we ate tidy food considering how hard it was back then.

yosser :yinyang:

Edited by yosser hughes

I'm not very well informed about sea trout fishing but did a bit over the years .Now I'm living in one of the best spots in the world for Salmon & seatrout even though I do prefer the limestone valleys where I have still water and dryfly fishing upstream .Lots of glacial lakes but tiny trout , beautiful though and some odd species . The fly life is new too , flying red ants and no blue winged olive hatches .

I saw a guy fishing pools where the water eddies and he had a knack to what he was doing .He caught fish , more than I did I tried longer stretches of river and we had the same flies . He had 4 sea trout over a pound and let back the fourth .

I had an intermediate or sink tip probably but his was a sinking line and he had an unusual way of covering the swirling pool .

Can't tell ya though ! I really can't he'll haunt me from the grave . Well , you have half the info , the lunar cycle apparently is pretty important .I can't tell you why because I don't know . We were fishing on a full moon and it was silly O' clock :wink:

I'm half afraid to go to some places as I have no state licence and only a club permit .

It's after getting very serious and that's also silly because policing fellas with a rod is too easy they won't challenge the ignorant scum with nets and spears .

Custom officers work in tandem with fishery officers now . I might get a bicycle and run away if seen but standing on a river with deafening torrents of water you won't hear people approach you from behind ! :ninja:

If I just go to ground they'll need a helicopter to find me !

S'pose that's why they can't catch the poachers

Im just out the jail yesteday,so I havnt been near the water yet. I had a look at the water on the club webcam but its pretty high and coloured. Might get a shot at the start of the week with a worm or spinning but its gonna have to fall in a good bit for me to get the fly rod out. Got a mind numbing amount of other shit to deal with at the mo,in fact ye couldnt make it up whats goin on just now,really! But Ive got my season ticket,theres fish there and ye better believe al be out the first chance I get.

Keep on keepin on

Salty

• Like 4

Im just out the jail yesteday,so I havnt been near the water yet. I had a look at the water on the club webcam but its pretty high and coloured. Might get a shot at the start of the week with a worm or spinning but its gonna have to fall in a good bit for me to get the fly rod out. Got a mind numbing amount of other shit to deal with at the mo,in fact ye couldnt make it up whats goin on just now,really! But Ive got my season ticket,theres fish there and ye better believe al be out the first chance I get.

Keep on keepin on

Salty

well come back salty nice to c ya again hows thing

Im just out the jail yesteday

I actually thought about you yesterday Salty,wondered when you were getting out,good to see you back,be lucky :yinyang: