Fishing ? Surely There,s Other Fishers ?

trichomedome

Having said that the feeling of a salmon on a light trout rod is incredible.

This^

Salmon, Sea Trout and Brownie man here, Salmon and sea trout are easy enough to get, but its the Brownies that takes guile, as SilC says, stalking a sly brownie, is what its all about!

And of course the odd smoke along the way helps too :P

Bonga :bong:

Having said that the feeling of a salmon on a light trout rod is incredible.

This^

Salmon, Sea Trout and Brownie man here, Salmon and sea trout are easy enough to get, but its the Brownies that takes guile, as SilC says, stalking a sly brownie, is what its all about!

And of course the odd smoke along the way helps too :P

Bonga :bong:

100% total agreement, most people think salmon are the ultimate catch, I,d have a 3-4 lb resident brownie with light gear any time CR :bong:
  • Like 1

i love it in the summer i fish with my generator stick the probes in and zap they all come to the top easy really

You must have trouble carrying your catch home ? lol Maybe one day i,ll be able to afford one of them fancy electric fishing rods like yours ???. lol CR

im a piker, love it! i also like catching other coarse fish an occasionally trout...ive never had a salmon, but pikings where my heart is

Guest shitead

COurse fishing for me, well it was a few years back, my tackles covered in dust at the back of the shed somewhere and has been since i moved to the borders. Its all sea and fluff flingers round here, load of snobs wouldn't know a decent fight if you slapped them in the face with a Barbel ;)

i love fishing for fresh water spices in the u.k i have had my tackle stolen 2 times now (not that type of tackle) , i think tench are my favorate ,am happy just to get on the bank to be honest cant find much better things to do than trot a float down a river for roach and dace on a winters day with a huge pure spliff to keep the chill away , as of now i own no tackle so this thread has inspired me to buy some tackle cheers fellow uk420ers ramble over :smokin:

from Scotland myself.. i fish the natural minnow only for brownies.. been fishing for over 20+ years.. the thing is tho.. its not the same as it used to be.. no wonder the natural minnow was banned in Scotland.. it used to be lethal.. we used to go as far as setting up fly rood & reel.. once we got the boat out.. we would put on the spinning reel and fish the minnow :guitar:

used to get plenty hehehee.. fished for Salmon a few times.. yet to catch 1 .. missed a few :wallbash:

fav loch... Loch Arkaig :guitar:

sea fishing for me

cant beat a bit of early morning spinning/plugging for bass

:shuriken: brings out the hunter gatherer in me

from Scotland myself.. i fish the natural minnow only for brownies.. been fishing for over 20+ years.. the thing is tho.. its not the same as it used to be.. no wonder the natural minnow was banned in Scotland.. it used to be lethal.. we used to go as far as setting up fly rood & reel.. once we got the boat out.. we would put on the spinning reel and fish the minnow :guitar:

used to get plenty hehehee.. fished for Salmon a few times.. yet to catch 1 .. missed a few :wallbash:

fav loch... Loch Arkaig :guitar: That,s an odd one considering the minnow is deadly for salmon aswell ?

"Salmon are easy to catch" I was told this for years, and always thought i right so they are. Now i know Providing salmon are there and takeing, you could wind a rappala/toby backwards a still get fish. Using a double hander with salmon flies is much more dificut and more pristigeous to catch salmon with. Now i dont want to sound like some top notch angler nothing could be further from the truth. However £ is the key to catching salmon. The better beats on the best rivers cost £1000,s for a days salmon fishing. not that you need to spend that, but usualy the best places have a price on them, your local river that you can fish for free tends not to hold any type of migratory fish salmon/sea trout. So if you want to up your chances by 99%, pay for a good beat on a good salmon river. Pick your times, keep an eye on a river report for when fish are being caught. CR lol i antisipate a salmon are hard to catch storm ? unless there,s some seasoned salmon fisher reads this ? regards CR

Fav loch "wild brown trout" Boardhouse on orkney. Fav river the Spey, lower castle grant beat and season ticket on the nith at dumfries

I see there,s a lot of course fishers, Sory i cant remember your name but camping with a reason lol. some people carry on like there,s hard fast rules to enjoying it, i,ve even been told i totaly miss the idea of enjoying fishing it,s for relaxing and gaining an almost meditive state ? Bollox it,s pretty hard to relax like that when your antisapating a take, your wound up like a mouse trap ready to lift into a take,imo. Two days i can remember for being relaxed and stoned while fishing, Both days were a waste of time in fishing terms, bright sunny but due to it being non productive i was able to relax, while bobing around on a boat enjoying the outdoors on a nice warm day memorable but not for the fish lol CR

Edited by cantregister

You'll have to come spent gnat fishing on Lough Derg sometime CR . No boats or people , nor the drone of an engine . I usually head out when the old fellas dapping are going in .

Lough Carra is beautiful also and lots of small rivers that might have a rod on them once a year if even .Especially in the mountains , lots of peat stained rivers with beautiful small gillaroo trout .Bright red spots and the underbelly has no white but butter yellow and very dark across the back , and there's no need to worry about day tickets on most lakes and rivers , but it's nice to sometimes give a few quid to whichever club is managing the river.

It's salmon they're really serious about .Poachers would take the last pair of salmon from a river even if they knew it was the last pair. :wallbash:

Edited by SilC

You'll have to come spent gnat fishing on Lough Derg sometime CR . No boats or people , nor the drone of an engine . I usually head out when the old fellas dapping are going in .

Lough Carra is beautiful also and lots of small rivers that might have a rod on them once a year if even .Especially in the mountains , lots of peat stained rivers with beautiful small gillaroo trout .Bright red spots and the underbelly has no white but butter yellow and very dark across the back , and there's no need to worry about day tickets on most lakes and rivers , but it's nice to sometimes give a few quid to whichever club is managing the river.

It's salmon they're really serious about .Poachers would take the last pair of salmon from a river even if they knew it was the last pair. :wallbash:

It sounds ideal i,ll hold you to that offer lol when i get fishing in that part of the world, thinking of ireland the bridge pool springs to mind :in_love: Yes i,m led to believe that fishing a cast of wets when there,s someone dapping is good sport i,m told that dapping brings the fish up, it,s not something i,ve tried so i cant comment. I think i,m familiar with the gilaroo trout we refer to them as gold belies ? i,m asuming they,ll be they ones but i,m not sure.? I,m not condoning poaching in anyway but a man with a rod is never going to impact fish stocks it,s the netting,poisning type poachers that need stopped imo. Thats a nice guesture donating to the clubs silc, in fairness they guys put in a lot of unpaid hours and we walk on and benifit from it nice one. :yinyang: CR Edited by cantregister

im a piker, love it! i also like catching other coarse fish an occasionally trout...ive never had a salmon, but pikings where my heart is

From the little i,ve seen on pike i,d certainly give it a go it looks quite good hard fighting fish i believe ? i,ve never caught one, perch and roach have been the only course fish i,ve caught and that was when i was a lad drowning worms lol but i,ll try it some day. CR

all rounder here, depends on the time of year what i fish for. mainly course fish, love river fishing, piking in the winter, tenching in the spring, a bit of everything really with a bit of fluff chucking thrown in now and again.

Ive got 5 mile of the earn for£100 a year,and its a couple of weeks shy of the full year coz we get grayling fishing too,and I worked alwost 20yrs on trawlers too workin out of Peterhead