Psicodelica and Ice Cool scrog?

Scroger Moore

Hola amigos,

Thanks to the Sweet Seeds generosity :notworthy: and after having a couple of grows under my belt , I have entered the grow diary competition this year. I chose Psicodelica and Ice Cool (as well as Cream Caramel autos but they will be outdoors in Spring 2012)

I have a dr90 grow tent (90cm x 90cm x 180cm) with 250w hps and was thinking about trying to go for my first scrog with 1 x Psi and 1 x Ice Cool in 11 litre pots. Is this a bit too ambitious with these strains together for a first time scrog? I realise it may be a bit tight for space and regular maintenance will be needed with these sativa doms but I like a bit of variety and not have to stick to one strain. I have had a look and cannot see any other scrogs with these two strains together under 250w hps so any advice will be great.

Thanks,

Dave

• Like 1

Howdy buddy 1st in, but I'll stay in the corner as I've been fishing and am smelling abit.

Should be good to see how ur psicodelica compares to mine.

It's also my 1st go at scrog but I'm a dab hand at lst

All the best for the comp mate

Ps milk 2 sugars and some ginger nut biccies would be ace

• Like 2

Hi mate!

If you don't have experience with SCROGs and if you're also not an experienced grower generally speaking it could be very risky. But we never know, it could run well and you could end up filling the whole net with only 2 plants... The strains are good for want you're looking for, they usually have multiple branches which are flexible and suitable for LST and other techniques.

I just don't agree with the 11 litre pots. If you are going to use only 2 plants you should give the the largest espace possible for roots to develop. This will also help really much in the plant "branching" when she becomes to notice that height is limited (by the net/screen). I would use at least 20 litre pots, but that's up to you ;)

Good luck for the contest mate, sweet regards!

|tommy_g|

• Like 1

Heyup db,

currently doing two Ice Cool in a scrog. My first attempt and they have been fine. Responded well to topping and are nice and bendy, so have been pretty easy to move about and train. Diary link in my sig if you want to see how they got on.

Cheers, foobs.

• Like 2

Howdy buddy 1st in, but I'll stay in the corner as I've been fishing and am smelling abit.

Should be good to see how ur psicodelica compares to mine.

It's also my 1st go at scrog but I'm a dab hand at lst

All the best for the comp mate

Ps milk 2 sugars and some ginger nut biccies would be ace

Thanks bushmaster :spliff: , you can have a cuppa and the wife has brought some biscuits , but you're going to have wait for the kettle to boil as my diary hasnt started yet. (Havent even got the beans at the moment). I noticed your Psi diary and will keep an eye on it -also we may have a couple of similarities in that I already decided was going to have a diary theme similar to your avatar - hope you dont mind mate :rofl: Best of luck fella :lucky: .

Hi mate!

If you don't have experience with SCROGs and if you're also not an experienced grower generally speaking it could be very risky. But we never know, it could run well and you could end up filling the whole net with only 2 plants... The strains are good for want you're looking for, they usually have multiple branches which are flexible and suitable for LST and other techniques.

I just don't agree with the 11 litre pots. If you are going to use only 2 plants you should give the the largest espace possible for roots to develop. This will also help really much in the plant "branching" when she becomes to notice that height is limited (by the net/screen). I would use at least 20 litre pots, but that's up to you ;)

Good luck for the contest mate, sweet regards!

|tommy_g|

Gracias Tommy :guitar::notworthy: ! 20 litre pots ok in my space under 250w hps? Thats something to think about. I may reconsider the scrog idea and may just go with 3 x 11 litre pots as I did on my last grow and maybe introduce some LST to the mix.

Heyup db,

currently doing two Ice Cool in a scrog. My first attempt and they have been fine. Responded well to topping and are nice and bendy, so have been pretty easy to move about and train. Diary link in my sig if you want to see how they got on.

Cheers, foobs.

Thanks Foobs - I will read your diary tonight. Best of luck to you as well :lucky:

you dont need 20l pots bro 11ls will be plenty , your looking for about 4-4.5 oz per plant 11l should do that , just be sure to give thm plent of veg and get that space full

:smoke:

also id start saving for a 400w youl do soo much better with 400w in your space

• Like 3

you dont need 20l pots bro 11ls will be plenty , your looking for about 4-4.5 oz per plant 11l should do that , just be sure to give thm plent of veg and get that space full

:smoke:

also id start saving for a 400w youl do soo much better with 400w in your space

Thanks jiffa, I have read one of your scrog diaries before, great stuff :guitar: I will do a bit more research as a bit unsure now regarding pot size. As for wattage, it is a bit unusual as someone else pays for a percentage of my electric so I have to be a bit careful :rofl: I think 400w may be pushing it at the moment. Thanks again.

Should be an interesting grow dude, i'll be doing a little Ice cool scrog soon too. good luck. :yinyang:

Thanks Oska0, I'll look out for yours buddy. Best of luck :lucky:

Yep mate, even if it was with only 70wHPS, the bigger the pots, the bigger the jars you'll need in the end to store the buds ;)

Two plants in a 90cm x 90cm area? For a SCROG I would use 50 litre pots... but that's just me, if you go with the 20 litre ones you'll do fine, I think. But don't start with those pots, you should start with smaller ones and then transplant them to the final pots a couple of weeks before you change to 12/12 :)

Keep it sweet, kind regards,

|tommy_g|

• Like 1

Yep mate, even if it was with only 70wHPS, the bigger the pots, the bigger the jars you'll need in the end to store the buds ;)

Two plants in a 90cm x 90cm area? For a SCROG I would use 50 litre pots... but that's just me, if you go with the 20 litre ones you'll do fine, I think. But don't start with those pots, you should start with smaller ones and then transplant them to the final pots a couple of weeks before you change to 12/12 :)

|tommy_g|

Thanks again tommy. Yes, I already have a series of smaller pots through to 11litres. Any idea how long I'd need to veg for to fill those 20 litre big boys?

• Like 1

Hi again mate!

I would use a 200ml (like a small beer glass) for the first 8 days.

Then I would use a 3 litre pot from day 8 to day 18.

Then I would transplant them to the 20 litre pots at day 18.

And then I would veg then for 20 days while "SCROGGIN'", so at day 38 from germination I would change to 12/12.

All this more or less, of course. And this is what I would do, because I know how quick plants grow in my hands, with all the grow paramaters I give them and with which I obtained success in all my previous grows in the last 3 years. When in unexperienced hands things are not so predictable and many things can happen that could make you go further than the 38 days I was talking about ;)

Good luck with it mate, keep us updated! :yep: Sweet smokes!

|tommy_g|

Edited by Sweet Seeds
  • Like 1

|tommy_g|

hes only going to get a gram a watt max so thats about 9 ounce with 2plants thats 4.5 oz , it would take weeks and weeks to veg out a 20l never mind 50l . its just not needed your not going to get over 9 ounce from 250 w no matter what pots are used :skin_up: and you can take 4.5oz from a 11l easy

Edited by Jiffa
  • Like 2

|tommy_g|

hes only going to get a gram a watt max so thats about 9 ounce with 2plants thats 4.5 oz , it would take weeks and weeks to veg out a 20l never mind 50l . its just not needed your not going to get over 9 ounce from 250 w no matter what pots are used :skin_up: and you can take 4.5oz from a 11l easy

Thanks again jaffa. I'll be over the moon with even 5oz to be honest and given that I already have the 11 litre pots, I may stick with those. Just waiting for the magic beans now - hope I can do these justice for Tommy and Sweet Seeds!

Cheers for all replies and best of luck to all who enter. :clapping:

• Like 1