Uh Oh

Guest Roy Cropper

Guest Roy Cropper

last few days have seen this plant start to suffer, not sure whether it's due to lack of light we've had in the uk, or whether it's because i've watered too much, over/underfed, or maybe even root problems since my repotting was rather amateurish. It could be the lack of ventilation in the dark cupboard i've started to use to force flower. It has some room and the door has a gap at the back which shouldn't allow light in and should get some air in. I'm gunna use the hand held fan and power some air in during the night just to give it a little extra until i get a new fan i can put in the room.

Just have to wait and see. If it all goes wrong, then at least i've gained some valuable experience to make a second grow have more of a chance. :guitar:

post-105-1092227915.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mickle

• Bish

• rastakid

• Father McPot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Roy Cropper

the circle on the right is a leaf which is from the side, not the top half of the leaf hanging down.

here's a leaf of the second plant...

post-105-1092228168.jpg

What with the weather as it is, & shorter periods of light, it ain't gunna get much better really.

Ever thought of buying some enviro's & doing it properly Roy? You've got the cupboard already :guitar:

Guest Roy Cropper
What with the weather as it is, & shorter periods of light, it ain't gunna get much better really.

Ever thought of buying some enviro's & doing it properly Roy? You've got the cupboard already :guitar:

well it looks like a good day today, so if it continues to deteriorate at this rate, then i may be tempted to rule the light out.

Didn't think it would be so tricky or problematic so didn't continue with the growroom plans. I can't do the room as i'm having to be extremely discreet with this grow. Maybe next time if this fails.

post-105-1092229966.jpg

Edited by Roy Cropper

Guest Roy Cropper

no 'pistillate calyx' (hairy balls), whether it means they are all male or just haven't started to show sex, i'm not sure. (webcam can't give good enough pics for sex determination)...

post-105-1092834303.jpg

Guest Roy Cropper

i should have used a weaker compost to start with as i believe this to have caused the bottom leaves to have turned yellow and dropping off. I also added too much epson too early as there was nutrient deficiencies to the top leaves.

I repotted at the wrong times which has caused them to stretch too much more than what the sun should have done (although this was my first grow and have nothing to compare with yet).

Guest Roy Cropper

Those are my three plants. I will continue with their grow, just for experience if nothing else.

I presume i couldn't get another grow on with the same method, ie. sun from windowsill and dark cupboard at night during the next few months? or could i?

For my next grow i'll be aiming to use the right composts and repotting at the right times etc. and try to force flower earlier on in the cycle.

I don't want to use lights (make growroom in cupboard etc) as i don't want the leccy bill to increase more than it is, but i haven't 100% ruled it out.

Edited by Roy Cropper

As bishie said the light the plants are getting is only going to get worse.

As it stands your yield is going to be tiny anyway.