Sweet Seeds Mini Selection Box - Grow Diary

hicabuffy

End of Week 5 - Flowering

Hopefully the half way mark for the Green Poison... Everything ticking over, upped the feed on the GP to 4ml/L OT Bloom as it seems hungry, going to up the other a little when I water them tonight. I chucked the Burmese Kush freebie as I didn't like the look of it and was taking ages to start flowering, I've still got a GP and BlackJack in little pots on the right and left to make up for the space that was taken by the chucked plant at the start of flower.

Took a couple of low air buds off the GP last night and dried them slowly overnight. Nice smoke to start the day, very racy still but sticky already :bong: . Try to hide the scissors for another week or two now. Anyway here's a picture taken with the flash, levelled out the canopy the other day too so looks neater:

post-54208-0-75156400-1327767900_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

End of Week 6 - Flowering

Managed to not cut too many testers off this week, limiting myself to one small air bud of the Green Poison per week so it doesnt end up getting smoked before it comes down. Might have another 2 air buds to go for judging be the rate it's shooting out new pistils, getting fattest the quickest though :yahoo: Upped it's last feed to 5ml/L Bloom to try and control the yellowing but I think it was too much, 3.5ml +1/0.5 grow seemed better.

The Jacks are looking good too, the more black domina phenotype has slowed and I suppose next week will show if she's going to get much bigger. The other plant is looking super frosty and still chucking out more flowers, smells the most earthy of the plants in the room.

Anyway here are some pics:

post-54208-0-36587500-1328267416_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

End of Week 7 - Flowering

End of another week and it seems things are a bit back to front. The green poison is flinging out new pistils and looking like it wants another week or two and the black jacks look like they've done their best and should be ready for the chop next week....

The camera is out of batteries otherwise I'd stick a few close-ups and ask advice about when to chop. I'll charge the batteries tonight and dry a sample of the blacks to see what they're like then I'll get a few photos done over the next few days. Meanwhile here is a quick flash shot I managed before the camera cut out:

post-54208-0-12957400-1329001760_thumb.jpg

Right here are the "are these almost ready" pics:

Green Poison:

post-54208-0-45465900-1329045104_thumb.jpg

Sample smoke is strong, ultra smelly (gf not a fan :) ) and nails me to the couch already. Thinking I'll give it a week to see if it's still putting out pistils. The trichomes are clear/cloudy with the odd amber one.

Black Jack no.1:

post-54208-0-45228300-1329045239_thumb.jpg

Looks more domina than jack, short stocky and it's not really putting out much new pistils. Smoke is nice, more of a sativa hit than I'd expected. The trichomes are clear with the odd amber one. Think this'll get the chop mid week unless there is a sudden bust of pistils.

Black Jack no.2

post-54208-0-39063800-1329045426_thumb.jpg

There was a bit more stretch and the look of a sativa in this one though it looks like it might almost be cooked. Smells similar to the other one, got a wee sample here, it's next. The trichomes are about the same as the other Jack. Might leave this another two weeks to see how it goes.

Any advice folks?

End of Week 8 - Flowering

Black jacks are turning black, tempted to chop no1 next week the other I might leave till week 10. The green poison just keeps on going, still as fruity smelling as ever but I'm worried about rot if I leave it too long, going to see what happens with the mass of pistils that have appeared before I chop. There is a little light burn on the tips of the GP but the others look okay.

Black Jack no1

post-54208-0-91302100-1329694688_thumb.jpg

Black Jack no2

post-54208-0-62267300-1329694834_thumb.jpg

Green Poison

post-54208-0-31391700-1329694506_thumb.jpg

black jack no1 has come down. Looked like it wasn't going to put out any more pistils and the trichomes were cloudy and clear with a few amber. The samples I took at the weekend were plenty strong so down it came. Still waiting for the green poison to stop shooting out pistils and hoping I don't get any rot. Jack no2 will come down at the end of the week or next week, not a lot of new growth now.

End of Week 9 Flowering

The one Black Jack left is starting to get some purpling on the leaves and I think this will be it's last major wave of pistils. I'm curious to see the difference in the smoke from these two phenotypes, the smell is very similar.

post-54208-0-21827500-1330165525_thumb.jpg

The Green Poison has still got fresh pistils but I think it's finally slowing, hopefully. I took a sample off it this weekend and it's been a great smoke but think it do with a bit more cooking...

post-54208-0-66559200-1330165580_thumb.jpg

• Like 1