panicking over 18 day old fastbuds?

mallsy

about 4 of my 18 day old fastbuds are chucking out preflowers and are only about 4-5 inches high, is this normal? i cant remember from my last grow tbh but think they where about 4 weeks old before they started to show pistils? am i just being para? ive had quite high temps 35ish :headpain: could this be the problem? only other variable would be using j artur bowers mp for there first pots but have just repotted them to bnq mp,

confuzzled :smokin:

Hi mate! Welcome to the Sweet Seeds subforum! :yep:

The problem, if there is one, is not with the plants showing pre-flowers with 18 days since germination... Problem is that a plant with 18 days of life should be slightly bigger and developed than yours, specially autoflowering genetics (but without seeing a pic it is hard to tell if they really are smaller than they should be. Anyway, they are not going to flower and stay with that size. They will probably only start flowering in 10 days, more or less, and in the meanwhile they'll stretch a lot. At least that's what's expected, but of course it depends on your grow parameters. They'll get bigger, but if they were developing well since the first days they would get even bigger.

And listen mate, 4-5 inches high is actually a very good size for 18 days... I've just been checking my Cream Caramel Auto and Black Jack Auto grow diary and the plants at day 17 were only about 2-3 inches high, compare them with yours:

gallery_44939_3146_79903.jpg

And now look how they ended up 45 days later:

gallery_44939_3146_66844.jpg gallery_44939_3146_143172.jpg

If your plants look like my plants in the first picture and you are an experienced grower who already had good results with the same grow parameters in previous growing experiences, then I think your plants have all to end up like the plants in the 2nd and 3rd pics ;)

You potted them in the final pot since the begginning, uh?

What's the soil brand? Can you share some pics? How many plants do you have? Is it an indoor grow? With HPS? Potency of lights? Size of the pots?

Do you have experience from previous grows with all the same parameters you are using in this one?

Good luck with them my friend, if they like the way they are being treated I'm sure they'll stretch to at least double the size in the next 2 weeks and they'll give you a lot of good sweet flowers :)

Keep it sweet, kind regards :oldtoker:

|tommy_g|

• Like 1

hey man,

there not too far behind yours really, just the sudden preflowers threw me

thye where put in small pots the smallest you can get in bnq and have just been potted into 6ltr pots, they started under a 125watt cfl and at day 12ish where put under the 600 hps, im not new to growing and had sum real good results with fastbuds before but am in a new house so need to get things dialled in properly yet, thanks for the advice so far :bong:

• Like 1

Hi mate!

Yep, that's it, I think that if you use a good soil with which you had good results in previous grows you'll also succeed this time. Seems like you are doing good with the transplanting and changing them to HPS at day 12. The pots could be a bit bigger, but I don't know if you have any space left in your grow room ;)

Good luck with it, let us know how their doing in a couple of weeks :yep:

Sweet smokes! :oldtoker:

|tommy_g|