am I ripping the arse out........

EBS

EBS webpage

hows it going ppl?

ok this is my plan,i have a 8ft x 8ft room,i was going to go 4 a 6ft x 2ft nft.i am gona do a sea of green,ok so i worked it out and i think i can put 5 x 3" cubes across and 17 x 3" cubes length ways,all the time leaving a 1" gap round the sides,this works out at 85 plants:) i was gona get a 1000watt hps aswell,is this taking the piss or not,is it too much for the nft system and the corex to hold??

i hope some1 can give me a hand,cheers very much in advance  :D

Guest DeeMaxx

Hey EBS...how's it going

I see by your website your a belfast man like myself :D

I'm from the south part...

Just droped in to say hi...sorry i don't know the answer to your question..i'm only new to this...but if ya manage to get 85

plants going don't forget to send me a sample ;)

later.. :D

hey deemax glad to c another belfast man here :cool:

if i did get 85 plants they would only b about 1-1/2 ft,just big buds,big good bud,good big bud,bud big good :cool:

High EBS lol

Dunno about hydro I'm afraid but there are some folks here who know nft well so you should get help no probs.

My initial thought was that the garden set up you suggest sounds a little too long and thin.

Having rectangular gardens is ok cos most reflectors throw light in that pattern but more rectangular than a 3:2 ratio is a bit iffy and yours is 3:1.

Maybe it's the nft tanks' shape that's limiting you?

With the 12sq' area you're talking about you could just about run a 600W rather than the 1000W if you want to save some money but you should aim for 3'x4' not 6'x2'.

Welcome EBS.

Good to see some Irish smokers coming onboard  lol

Love the slogan on your site

" We are not Sectarian, We are Rastafarian"

Hi EBS

Gotta agree with ICB, a 600w would be adequate, especially as you are growing sea of green and keeping the plants down to 18'' tall. 1000w would be wasted on what you suggest. Also. you would be better off with a hydro setup thats not quite so long and thin. I think maybe 2 1m square flood and drain table under a 600w poot light would be a better use of your space and money.

Chip

PS. Whate ever you do soundslike it is gonna rock :rock:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bc pete

hi there.

a friend of mine had a system where he had eighty plants in his show. he used three four by four tables, each table held up to thirty plants and no flex from the corex.

his lighting setup was three 1000 watt phosphor coated metal halides in glass enclosed supernova shades. all three lights were connected with duct piping and exhausted straight up the chimney. regular crop outs of 3 to 5 pounds and no heating problems at all.

good luck, man :)