Air Cooled Stink?

ukscroger

i am thinking of getting an aircooled supernova hood for my new 600w light system. i already have a 400W (non air-cooled)system with a 125mm 275m3/h extractor and cf. i want to run them both together in the same space, temps at the mo are fine(with only 400W) but i am a bit worried when i comes to 1k. if i get an aircooled hood with 100mm fan... will the output side of the fan stink like the 125mm one does at the mo....???(it really does stink... was quite fun aiming all the extracted air at me mates face and asking him whether it smelled like bud or not... :D )

i am not sure whether the heat of the bulb will do anything to mask the smell??? and whether the aircooled part of the venting system needs to be cf'd like the main extraction point???

cheers dudes? i really dont have a clue as to this one .... its pretty much 50/50 in my mind at the mo.... the smell can't survive that heat???....the heat dont do anything to smell???..... i dunno?

puzzled

ta

UKS

hiya u.k., why not pull the air from the supernova outta the grow room with the fan then use the fan to push the heat and smell through the c.f.? i do and it works a treat.................. well i did but now i vent it all out the chimney (but thats a different story).

Good luck Woody :smoke:

kk, sorry i have probably explained myself badly again... i have a 400w light system which i am using at the mo(not air cooled)... i also own a cf and 125mm fan. this is just extracting from the top, through the fan, then out through the filter as yours woodbutcher...working a treat :bag:

so if i wanted to add an air cooled 600w lamp i will pretty much need too add a 100mm fan and a 100mm cf for it...or could i make a custom spiggot box and push them both through the one filter? i dont think the filter is running at anywhere near capacity as it is bloody massive and i only have a (reasonably) small grow...ill check my cf now for max flow rate...

canyt find nadda on it... just shinny all over :spliff:

Edited by ukscroger