Temp. Reduction Tip

mrrichiet

I hope this may help anyone who has high temp. issues, especially during the hots days.

I grow in an open fronted (during the day anyway!) built in cupboard, so this tip may not adapt so well to the majority of people who grow in enclosed spaces, but I imagine you could rig something up if so inclined. I have a desk fan on the floor blowing fresh air in. The problem is that the ambient temp is about 30C anyway, so I wasn't really cooling the plants that much.

I decided to get a couple of ice packs from the freezer and I put these on the floor behind the fan. The fan is now blowing some lovely cooled air onto the plants and I estimate the temp in the cupboard has dropped 3-4 degrees! (and the ambient temp seems cooler too). The thing I like about this is that my freezers on anyway so if I rotate my ice packs properly I should have a cost free solution to reducing the temp. a bit.

Hope this is of help to someone lol

Good tip buddy and one i tried to when temps were my prob lol

Not knocking it here but the only prob i had was the ice packs didn,t last that long & they took up a lot of room in my fridge freezer i reckon they only lasted about maybe 2 hours but i can,t realy remember if you have a separte freezer from your fridge and its pritty big then its a top tip lol

Have you tried the gel blocks you put in cool bags, they may stay cooler for longer, and would reduce the additional humidity too.