Nutrient deficiencies and toxicities in Cannabis

uBercaMeL

A useful chart but.......

First thing to do if you see such signs is to sort out your environment.

Just throwing nutrients at a sick plant does no good if the underlying cause of any deficiency is not dealt with first. In fact, just chucking nutrients at a sick plant can, and often does, lead to further complications an disease. Especially when a plants ability to uptake nutrients has been compromised for some reason.

There is no need to adjust Ph in modern commercial potting composts. The suggestion is out of date, and comes from a time when composts were unreliable mostly. In the UK, using water from the tap and a decent commercial compost, you can forget Ph completely.

A lot of the symptoms above also indicate poor environmental factors, and these should always be addressed first. Intake and extraction, heat and humidity, light intensity - all impact on the health of a plant and getting them wrong can lead to disease such as shown on these charts. Throwing nutrient into the mix will only make matters worse IMO.

Treat with care and wisdom.

• Like 23

You're right Arnie, I should have mentioned that a lot of this was old, and that the ferting suggestions (+ ph compost etc) were just wrong. I find that a dose of enzymes can sort most problems, even to a certain extent underfeeding (freeing up the precipitated salts?) :unsure:

The pics are handy though I reckon :yep:

Edited by uBercaMeL

Guest roached

Go Jorge!! That's oldschool lol

Having said that,that indoor bible was a great starting point pre amazon and grow site days.

Now where are my 10 gallon pots :wassnnme:

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...
On 29/08/2011 at 9:04 AM, Arnold Layne said:

A useful chart but.......

First thing to do if you see such signs is to sort out your environment.

Just throwing nutrients at a sick plant does no good if the underlying cause of any deficiency is not dealt with first. In fact, just chucking nutrients at a sick plant can, and often does, lead to further complications an disease. Especially when a plants ability to uptake nutrients has been compromised for some reason.

There is no need to adjust Ph in modern commercial potting composts. The suggestion is out of date, and comes from a time when composts were unreliable mostly. In the UK, using water from the tap and a decent commercial compost, you can forget Ph completely.

A lot of the symptoms above also indicate poor environmental factors, and these should always be addressed first. Intake and extraction, heat and humidity, light intensity - all impact on the health of a plant and getting them wrong can lead to disease such as shown on these charts. Throwing nutrient into the mix will only make matters worse IMO.

Treat with care and wisdom.

Novice grower. Researched growing for months prior to starting. These few sentences are probably the most useful thing I've ever read. In my short time as a grower I have to concur never a truer statement was made. The only problems I've encountered are either of my own making (watering) or environmental factors. On so many sites focus on nutrients / pH was given far more importance than the basics, to the point over diagnosis and potential harm giving supplements not required. But this confirms it, much information is outdated / no longer relevant. My wholehearted thanks for this :)  

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/26/2019 at 11:42 PM, Poisonata said:

Novice grower. Researched growing for months prior to starting. These few sentences are probably the most useful thing I've ever read. In my short time as a grower I have to concur never a truer statement was made. The only problems I've encountered are either of my own making (watering) or environmental factors. On so many sites focus on nutrients / pH was given far more importance than the basics, to the point over diagnosis and potential harm giving supplements not required. But this confirms it, much information is outdated / no longer relevant. My wholehearted thanks for this :)  

Glad it was of help ;)

• Like 5

• 3 months later...

This chart is a fantastic guide and looks similar to one I saw in the 80s on a poster.

Some things will never change.

As long as you have your environment bang on the leaf guide will always be relevant.

The temperature of your roots, temp of the air, the air exchange and air movement once dialled in will make your growing so much easier.

This chart will still be relevant in a million years although they will see us as we see cavemen.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

My leaves on one of my plants seem to yellow and brown and curling up and dying off I can’t work our why or what I need to do can you help 

1 hour ago, Cclsd said:

My leaves on one of my plants seem to yellow and brown and curling up and dying off I can’t work our why or what I need to do can you help 

Created your own thread mate, and add some info about the setup and pictures. Sounds like heat problems but can't tell without more info

• 3 months later...

Can anyone help me please?? I’m having some issues - what I believe to be a P deficiency but I’m unsure on how to start a new thread for pics and help 

2 hours ago, George123 said:

Can anyone help me please?? I’m having some issues - what I believe to be a P deficiency but I’m unsure on how to start a new thread for pics and help 

resize some pics and start a gallery mate, then add to this thread

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Aha! Just about to ask for Ph kit advice, but maybe I need a bit more understanding.

This is a useful place, isn't it? Anyway, yellowing leaves, so gonna start a thread and seek out the wisdoms of uk420 ... 

• 1 month later...

Can anyone tell me what this problem is?

I have an idea I just want more experienced opinions.

Nutrafield a&b 35ml each

PK heavy 15ml

Canna calmag 9ml

9 liter of water, plant is in a 25 liter pot, fourth week of flower, white widow.

Just now, as I took these pictures I fed her and added no calmag. I feed/water every other day.

large.20200524_182636.jpglarge.20200524_182709.jpg