Just Discovered First Signs Of Spider-mite.

Guest Bonsai Labs

Guest Blabblabberbab

Hi all! - the trials and tribulations continue....

I have a clone mum now about 2 feet tall sat on my windowsill with window open. I can see on a couple of leaves some white spots and when I look at the bottom I can see the black spots of the mites.

Can't check flowering plant in my bathroom growbox til 9:30pm lights on for mites.

Monday is first day I'll be able to buy BioBizz Leaf Coat and Buzz off for flowering plant (very late tho - day 44-45 12/12) and maybe also a generic pesticide for the vegging clone.

What should I do?

1)kill the clone now and hope that the infestation dosn't spread to flowering plant.

2)Take off infected leaves of clone and spray with washing up liquid or something for the time being.

3)Put infected clone in another room (the GF's) take off leaves and wait til mon for Biobizz cures????.... and have thorough shower/change of clothes before I go any where near my flowering lady.

I mean JESUS H COCKSLAPPING CHRIST what the fuck else can go wrong on my first grow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks in advance guys, lay that sweet sweet advice on me baby!!!!....

peace,

B

"growing success" bug killer, from loads of diy stores, garden centres etc - based on plant oils, claims to be ok for organic gardening - I've found it very effective - just give the plant(s) a good spray, make absolutely sure the infected part is really soaked both on the top and under the affected leaves lol

Guest Blabblabberbab

Thanks Vlad for the Lightning reply - off to the Garden centre it is for me!

I've just snipped off and binned the affected parts (TBH it was only 3 tiny areas and under each I made sure I got the little black speck that is the nasty. I have quarantined the clone in another room where it shall stay til my main baby gets the chop.

Is it safe to use the bug killer on my flowering plant if it does turn out to be infected? or should I just ghold out for a last ditch attempt with leaf coat and buzz off (providing I can get hold of it in time) - I know that leaf coat is meant to be safe up until the last week or 2 of flowering - which I'm about at now....????

peace,

B.

if its in the last weeks of flowering, just leave it alone, the plant won't suffer badly - any plants earlier in the cycle showing signs, quarantine till you can get some Buzzoff, or spray with the "Growing success" stuff as an interim measure! :guitar:

Edited by Vlad (the impala)

Guest Blabblabberbab

Thanks again Vlad. I've just scouted round a couple of local B&Q's with no luck finding 'Growing Success' Bug killer. I'll wait til tomorrow and try the 3 other garden centres nearby that I can think of. If it comes to it I may buy some sort of organic pest control if I can't find 'growing success' - thought it'd be best to ask which first. B&Q Organic pest control active ingrediant '2% w/w fatty acids' any good? the only thing I remember about fatty acids is that lysergic acid (diethylamide!) is one of them! fun, but perhaps not so great for bug killing! - the other option is nasty chemical route, which I'm definatley talking to the wrong person about :smoke::guitar:

Roll on monday and the local growshop (here's hoping everybody else growing round here hasn't decided to get spider-mite and buy all the buzz off!)

Also I noticed that I can't keep the clone quarantined where it is when I came back cos it's in full view of the street below. bollocks. gonna have to go in the shade for a bit bless it.

don't mean to be lazy but if poss could anyone post a link to relevant mite control pages, I'll have a good look later but I've got to go tend to the other lady in my life who's sat downstairs with a miserable cold :guitar:

peace,

B