Favourite Ballads

TheStoneDuk

We have a hardcore thread so I though there might be room for a ballads thread. So here it is, ballads and love songs and any choons that tug at yer heart strings :crybaby:

And to start it off we have the King of Rock and/ or roll himself, Elvis with In the Ghetto.

And second up for me has to be "The killing of Georgie" always sends a wee shiver down me spine. Rod Stewart at his absolute best

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IAIgBWk30o&feature=related

I'll add more later but please post some ballady choons so I don't feel too lonely in 'ere :guitar:

Edited by TheStoneDuk
  • Like 2

I think these are what you would class as ballads :unsure:

grew up listening to me old man playing Level 42 all the time, he was heavily into his synthesizer music back then.

Satchel - Suffering.

• Like 3

Virtually every song by this man makes me wanna cry. He is the late, great John Martyn. God I miss him, saw him live and was one of my best gigs ever.

John Martyn - Couldn't love you more :crybaby:

Spencer the rover :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk8OsZESTxg&feature=related

Had a break from gaming the other night and played music for 8 hours solid, and Mr Martyn was a fair bit of that.

for my own choice, I wont link because it might disrupt the thread, but could I have Prodigy Slap My Bitch Up

• Like 1

You ol' romantic, Hir :rofl:

Never heard of Satchel, just listening as I type this.....

Deffo a ballad lol

Yeh, good choices Goldie but the old man comment has made me feel old, my old man used to play Max Bygraves and Val Doonican :(lol

Yeh, gonna have to look for some more satchel :yep:

e2a....great choice LSD, unexpected but really enjoying it :yep:

Edited by TheStoneDuk

We have a hardcore thread so I though there might be room for a ballads thread. So here it is, ballads and love songs and any choons that tug at yer heart strings :crybaby:

And second up for me has to be "The killing of Georgie" always sends a wee shiver down me spine. Rod Stewart at his absolute best

It's been disabled on that link mate but fuck me I hadn't heard that for over 30 yrs and I can still sing it word for word lol .

I ain't too sure though that he wasn't trying to do his version of Lou Reeds ..A Walk On The Wild Side...??

Ever heard of these?

• Like 1

You ol' romantic, Hir :rofl:

Never heard of Satchel, just listening as I type this.....

Deffo a ballad lol

Yeh, good choices Goldie but the old man comment has made me feel old, my old man used to play Max Bygraves and Val Doonican :(lol

Yeh, gonna have to look for some more satchel :yep:

e2a....great choice LSD, unexpected but really enjoying it :yep:

:rofl: Max Bygraves, you must be getting on, nah its always nice for me to see stoners can live to a nice old age :cheers:

Its funny how what are parents are into rubs off on us? No wonder evolution takes so long...

Satchel was formed by memebers of another band 'Brad', Stone Gossard of Pearl Jam fame was a member, you may like some of there stuff too.

Cheers OG, fixed it now with the album version another vid. Shame, it was a great live version.

I see what you mean, they are both great songs though :)

I'm having trouble keeping up, slow down lol lol

Never heard of the other vids, OG. Just listening to 'em now

Goldie, me young mucker. I aint that old lmfao

Luckily I had older brothers who introduced me to great sounds at a very young age. At 11 yrs old my favourite album was Pink Floyd-The Wall lol

Edited by TheStoneDuk

Another one for you lol

I caught a programme the other night on TV about these and found it really interesting.

• Like 3