Males Summat For Nuthin

Angel

Being a Newbie I have done a lot of reading & research before starting my outdoor grow.

Consensus of opinion seems to be "eeek! cut em down get rid of em" :smoke:

I couldn't bear ir so I decided to practice on em so that at harvest time I know what I'm doing with the girlies . . . ::D:

Ok Male No:1 : Canna Butter

Took whole plant, stripped all leaves shoots and smaller stems.

Yield: 475gm green plant material

Bunged it all in a tupperware box and froze it. Defrosted it, and froze again.

On a rainy day took the defrosted plant material it bunged whole lot in a large pan cold water and gently brought up to simmer, added two blocks of value butter cost £1.06p

Simmered for 2 hours stirring occasionally.

Strained through muslin into a large bowl, giving muslin a real good sqeeze to get all the butter out.

chilled off the butter/water mix overnight

separated the foul smelling water and green butter, little butter loss 490 gm green canna butter recovered.

Now for the best bit - it works ;)

For the cost of the seed, some cheap butter and a bit of effort I got a whole pile of usefull green smelly butter.

Just make sure you use a recipe with strong flavour to mask the green in the butter, and wheyhey you'll be feeling sqwiffy in about 40mins after a couple of my choc brownies.

Some thing for next nothing :angel

P.S next report on Males processed for hash oil it works too

wow didnt realize you could do it with males. well done

i made some cannabutter with sum crap plants. it does taste VERY green and nasty, but it does the job. M&M cookie mix. yummy

rocky

thats good cos it looks like ive got 2 females out of 8 plants, just waiting for maybe a third but the rest are def. males :(

i might just chopp them and try make some butter out of them :bangin:

chop

Edited by ChopSuey

I only ever use males or shade leaf from the females to make cannabutter, seems a shame to drown the smokeable stuff, same with butane extractions. The good stuff with trichomes on I save for making ice hash (and once I've finished the shake, I add the used trichomeless trim to my drying shade leaf for cannabutter too - every little bit counts).

nice one Angel, I too think that new folk are sometimes lead to belive that males contain no THC, they do, but it is only in the leaves.

Cant figure out how you are going to destroy the leaves enough to make Hash though?

Im a bit interested in how to cure the stuff and smoke it though.

1st one to find a way of removing all that green is going to go down in cannabis history.