Can I Chop The Cola?

ukscroger

ive just read this link Greenman guide which says you should

Most new growers want to pick early, because they are impatient. That's OK! Just take buds from the middle of the plant or the top. Allow the rest to keep maturing. Often, the tops of the plants will be ripe first. Harvest them and let the rest of the plant continue to ripen. You will notice the lower buds getting bigger and fuzzier as they come into full maturity. With more light available to the bottom portion of the plant now, the plant yields more this way over time, than taking a single harvest.

so does this mean it will actually benfit my plant lol , as well as my wallet

lol, and ill have a nice big fat load of ready to smoke-bouncing off the walls-fucked up crazy shit-in a week or so? i have only tasted it once, (from one of the lower bud shoots-->cos this is what i thought you shuold do), but i was extremely impressed with the results......

chop the cola?

oh, and the recent visit to the dealer produced some less-than average weed, "he's been growing it for years..." only cos it yeilds fat tho obviously, it tastes shit, dont really do much and is just a load of well dense nugs ;)

i really wanna chop my white rhino, it proably in week 8/9 anyways...

Edited by ukscroger

I've read varying opinions on this, some folks say trim the lower branches so the plant spends all it's resources on the main buds, others say what this says, take off the top buds when ready & leave the lower buds to mature. I was worried about trimming the lower branches early on in case that stressed the plant & caused it to go hermy, so with my first plant I took the main cola when it looked ready & left the lower buds for another week or two, seemed not to hurt the remaining plant, and the lower buds did seem to fatten up.

I've always tried to avoid chopping any of the branches during flowering, I reckon it stresses the plants out too much.

lol

I always think it tastes better after a little wait....

lol

I've done it before but wouldn't do it again, having seen how much the bud left on the plant grew, I think I'd rather bite the bullet and buy for the sake of a couple of weeks

if you was to do it, id say take lower buds

im sure OT1 said that lower branches mature faster than top ones

i could be wrong though ;)

thanks dudes, its really really hard to wait tho. iv taken 2 shoots off, one cos it got broke accidentally and the other out of sheer desparation. buying shit weed is really painfull. mixed opinions here so ill wait till tomorrow and see how i feel then. actually, fuck it, im chpoping the cola right now!!!!

ill report back on how it fairs, maybe get a scale when its dry and compare to its sister(not sure whether same pheno tho) and post a piccy :) the cola's gunna give me a good amount of smoke as well, dunno whether it will be more than all the side shoots tho, looking at it...

hi!

i did same thing as you. one of my plants branches broke and i smoke it after two weeks and it was very good-so today i harvest my lady

post-115-1089572008.jpg

very nice mate, i have chopped it and it fits nice and snug under the two fluros and hps :blub: its gunna love it i think. ive taken a few pics, this is the best bud i have ever grown, i am chuffed to bits with it. nirvana white rhino, £10 a bag i think, i dont know how many seeds came wiv tho? my mate gave me these!!! still excellent value seeds imo

post-115-1089582263.jpg

• 1 month later...