What is Reality?

GanjaLounger

154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest grandad

the only reality is what we see, of course we dont know if we are delusional, so we cant always believe what we see to be true, the pictures you see and stories you hear are someone else's reality, not yours. the only reality is now this instant, and there it is, gone, we just cant keep hold of that one moment of reality, before we quickly move onto the next.

What is the difference between Buddhist philosophy and Solipsism?

As regards reality - I don't believe it, myself. No such thing, as everything is interpretation. All is, only as it presents itself to mind, where it is beholden and thus becomes a form of reality for us.

Reality is the sick joke of an evil, sadistic halfwit.

How else do you explain Piers Morgan and Richard Dawkins?

Agreed, and corrected if that is OK by you, Boojum? I suspect it is ;)

:cheers:

• Like 2

What is the difference between Buddhist philosophy and Solipsism?

Quite a lot of difference isn't there Arnold? I thought Buddhism is all about Karma and suffering and craving and liberating ourselves from the neverending cycle. Whereas Solipsism...

Actually, just gone off and done a bit of reading. Maybe there are some similarities. Seems to me though that following some Buddhist principles in life, as an individual, could be a very positive direction for people, myself included. Whereas when i think of this Solipsism i find myself just thinking 'well that's a rather pointless point of view' and it helps me not at all understand or achieve anything.

Reality though, funny thing :smokin:

To me this reality is simply a conduit for our souls (life force) to gain experience and evolve. I have always believed that when we lose this form (die) our souls return to the magnetic field of this planet. Waiting to be recycled into another human form on this world.

I beleieve the same is for all living things on this world. A different cellestial existence for life forms as they slowly evolve.

My worry is that the way we live our lives at this stage in history makes it almost impossible for our souls to grow and evolve. The modern world slows our spritual evolution to the point where at the moment it is almost stagnant.

I also believe that there is life throughout the cosmos on every dimension in many forms that would be almost impossible for us to understand.

Wierd, I know!

Not sure why i believe this. Just makes sense to me.

• Like 1

My worry is that the way we live our lives at this stage in history makes it almost impossible for our souls to grow and evolve. The modern world slows our spritual evolution to the point where at the moment it is almost stagnant.

Although i'm not sure what i'd mean by speaking of a soul i think that is spot on mate. I'm not the most spiritual person but maybe am becoming more so.

To me this reality is simply a conduit for our souls (life force) to gain experience and evolve. I have always believed that when we lose this form (die) our souls return to the magnetic field of this planet. Waiting to be recycled into another human form on this world.

I beleieve the same is for all living things on this world. A different cellestial existence for life forms as they slowly evolve.

I also believe that there is life throughout the cosmos on every dimension in many forms that would be almost impossible for us to understand.

Wierd, I know!

Not sure why i believe this. Just makes sense to me.

You would like the Bhagvat Gita.

• 2 weeks later...

reality is what someone makes for themselves ain't it?

I would say so, yes.

But if i`m affecting your reality buy doing whatever and you acknowledge that i`m affecting your reality by doing whatever then we are both still in the same reality are we not? we`ve possibly affected each other`s reality? :mmmmmmm:

w.imdb.com/title/tt0066049/ with you on that bro :beer: consistently fascinating.

post-41462-0-89404000-1318380963_thumb.jpg

Reality is the perception of our environment and experience. In my reality there are as man realities as there are lives.

Nicely put fella, mind if I put that in my little book of quotes?

Take away everything created or influenced by mankind then you have reality.

And if you take away mankind, then what?

Does reality have existence when there is no-one to perceive it?

• Like 1

aha... :yinyang: ..the right question to the answer :lol:

Edited by weed_G

Arnold... not at all mate. Go right ahead. :yep:

Just edit the man to many and we're good lol

Edited by Blayz'd

Reality is the perception of our environment and experience. In my reality there are as man realities as there are lives.

Nicely put fella, mind if I put that in my little book of quotes?

Take away everything created or influenced by mankind then you have reality.

And if you take away mankind, then what?

Just because there is no mankind ofcourse reality has existence, mankind is just a cancer growing on reality !