Black Flies

twinkle

hey guys,i have little black flies in my flowering room,i also noticed the little bleeders in my greenhouse,where i have some nice m/j growing nicely,would anyone know what these could be? and will they damage my plants? a worried twinkle ;):toot:

Are they the fast little feckers??? They come from the compost I think, and they shouldn't do any damage to your plants.

If you are worried, try using BuzzOff or any similar product :toot:

;)

They sound like fungus Knats or Sciarid flies.

They feed on the organic goodnees in your compost.

Very hard to get rid of if you want to stay Organic but if not i have used Vinewevil on my house plants after making the mistake of repotting them in Organic compost ;)

do a google search for fungus knats or sciarid fly and see if thats the buggers!!

cheers guys,they could be wot you say,they dont seem to harm the plants,i was thinking of a couple of them sticky tapes! thanks,twinkle ;)

bloody fungus knats...... :ninja: i kept getting them twinkle,

i tried all sorts of things from garden centre's but they just kept coming,

i tried sqaure yellow fly traps(our if your a cheapskate use yellow carboard wiped in vasoline) they work but only get a few, so out of desperation i've turned to drastic measures, i put 3cloves of garlic and half a bottle of west indian peppersauce in half a bottle of wasing-up liquid. i add a few drops in when im feeding the ladies, it seems to be working so far, (fingers crossed) but it hasn't been very warm yet so i'll wait and see.

i'll let you know if it keeps em at bay...

good luck bud...

cheers guys,for replying,ands/r that sure looks a good recipe,i might try it myself,but one Q i dont think has been answered,will they damage my m/j,take care guys,andthanks for birtday cards,twinkle :rolleyes: