Mini Greenhouse

MrBenn

Just bought one of these thougt I'd let everyone know about them...maybe good for next year, probably only for starting off seedlings/cuts but you'd probably squeeze one plant in there all the way :wassnnme:

Guest BushBandicoot

I'm glad you've brought them up MrBenn. I've seen a steady increase in the sizes and availability of these. There's a bunch of them around for sale, all different sizes with various coverings and if they're not cheap enough for folks now they will be soon enough. They are cheap though and wouldn't last much more than a season although you can buy spare covers. Saw one in a garden centre recently, 1mx1mx2m £10, there's bigger one's too. You could grow a fair bit in one of those and it suprises me that more folks in built-up areas don't seem to use them, especially if they're growing out in their garden for 1st time :smoke:

Dead right Bush! Got mine for my herbs to live in, maybe get a couple of cherry toms to join them...thought I'd share though as I'm sure they have potential for our favourite hobby.

I've got one of the 3 tier ones - very happy with it. The covering actually seems quite sturdy.

Guest BushBandicoot

I haven't got one myself but used an old, torn, cover and cut the door part out. When I was making my groroom last summer, I cut around the b+w plastic, double sided taped the clear door part over and it gave me a zipper up and down door into the groroom. The b+w overlaps on both sides so there's no leaks really. Came in handy at the time.

The full, free-standing ones should be about as cheap as they'll get, maybe a bit cheaper towards the end of season.

Wouldnt that green shiit block any sun? wouldnt it be better to get a clear plastic mini gh, trago sells em for dirt cheap :stoned:

I guessed that the plastic is ok as since its green it is probably only blocking the wavelengths that the plants dont really use.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cant see them in the current catalogue so it seems they dont sell them anymore, that would also explain why they were on sale - to clear them out for the next catalogue.

Hi ,

There is a company called Ferndale Lodge.co.uk who do mail order if you fancy it delivered.

They do a few sizes but are a bit steep tho.

ATB,

Bu