Secure Login

Joolz

I'm pleased to announce that we have listened to your feedback and we have purchased a security certificate for the server and we have enabled secure login and logout of the forums using our High Grade 256 bit Encryption :)

You can also browse the site under ssl (green skin only atm - it works in the dark skin but you'll get lots of warnings about a partially encrypted page until I get time to fix it) Just type https://www.uk420.com into your browser address bar.

In some browsers you will get an occasional warning about a partially encrypted page, this is due mainly to off site content such as youtube videos and externally hosted images and there is not much we can do about that short of disabling those features. SSL surfing has mainly been enabled to aide those members using TOR and such like to access the site, most of you will probably be just reassured to know that your login details are encrypted.

We have also implemented further security measures to the login page, you are now limited to just five attempts to login with the correct user/pass details before being locked out for 15 minutes.

If for whatever reason you find yourself locked out just wait 15 minutes and try again. If you have forgotten your password you can reset it here

Peace

Joolz

Edited by Joolz
to enter correct link to password reset
  • Like 8

If you have forgotten your password you can reset it here

Peace

Joolz

hey up when i click on the link dude. it asks me to enter my current password... :unsure:

If you have forgotten your password you can reset it here

Peace

Joolz

hey up when i click on the link dude. it asks me to enter my current password... :unsure:

sorry, i posted the change your password link not the reset password

I've edited my post to correct that :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

so thats that sorted?????lol????,,,,, :yahoo:

so is it safe to talk openly on here????

Edited by easyrik

I dunno what it means, but increased security sounds like a good thing. I do know that if Joolz and the other techies didnt run this site I would have been stuffed several times. Keep up the good work and help spread the Gospel of Grow Your Own :band:

:hug::hug:

so is it safe to talk openly on here????

It depends what you mean by openly...

If you mean posting details of who you are and where you are etc, :nea: you want facewank for that.

• Like 1