Reply From Plaid Cymru Regarding Drug Policy.

taffy

TY nobody, so without England voting for these guys they'll never get in to like PM type position then? Still confused, would understand if welsh had separate PM and shit but they don't...

Ok, best analogy I could think of. We're like a school student council who are elected to make decisions but aren't trusted with any really big decisions, that's still up to the school. So we have been allowed to make prescriptions free in Wales but we can't decide our own drug policy or taxation. We recently had a vote to give slightly more power but ultimately not a lot. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but to be honest, it was rushed and poorly expained.

I'm not sure I trust plaid but then they are rapidly becoming a definite possibility, lol. I'm wenglish though (was born here but my folks are English but I do speak welsh) And find them a little nationalistic.

The recent vote was to take the devolution process to the next stage (stage 4) which gives the assembly the powers to pass laws without their proposals going back through Westminster for approval (which is what happens now). It's quite a big step if it actually happens. If, for example, plaid were voted in and there was massive support in Wales for their stance on weed they could make that change without Westminster being able to stop them.

Edited by ~nobody~

The recent vote was to take the devolution process to the next stage (stage 4) which gives the assembly the powers to pass laws without their proposals going back through Westminster for approval (which is what happens now). It's quite a big step if it actually happens. If, for example, plaid were voted in and there was massive support in Wales for their stance on weed they could make that change without Westminster being able to stop them.

And that, in my idealistic world, is where I would love Wales to go.

taff

• Like 2

Guest cpt beefheart

And that, in my idealistic world, is where I would love Wales to go.

taff

+ 1 :stoned:

+4 and thank you nobody for explaining far better than I could. Have you had any response to your second email yet taffy?

• 2 years later...

Local force?

This is a political party mate.

I would respectfully suggest anyone reading this that lives in Wales should get out and vote for Plaid this year. They are anti Trident and anti nuclear for a start, as well as their forward thinking drug policy....

Peace

taff

i just watched leanne wood on question time on i-player and as a fellow welshman i have to say she was the only politician on there that spoke common sense she really did a great job and they are getting my vote next election and that was before i read your reply from them....:)))) vote plaid

+5.nice one taffy imagine the jobs that would create.we could all email them saying that we will be voting for them because of this policy.the rest of the uk would soon follow suit when they realise the money to be made.

Errrm, no.

Look at Scotland; yes we can pass laws without Westminster approval, but only in devolved areas. Drug policy is a reserved power (comes under Home office instead of policing iirc) otherwise we'd have done it already ;)

• Like 1

Errrm, no.

Look at Scotland; yes we can pass laws without Westminster approval, but only in devolved areas. Drug policy is a reserved power (comes under Home office instead of policing iirc) otherwise we'd have done it already ;)

Are you sure ? ISTM Scots are more rabid than the English over drugs ?

e2a: Scots *politicians* that is.

Edited by JimmyPage
  • Like 1

Errrm, no.

Ah okay, hadn't realised. it just seemed like the policy area most likely to get my point across re the significance of the vote.

Are you sure ? ISTM Scots are more rabid than the English over drugs ?

e2a: Scots *politicians* that is.

Well you don't want to be up in court on drug charges in Scotland no, not as things stand, but the SNP themselves are rather liberal and have stated before that they would look to decriminalise cannabis in an independent Scotland.