Flow'S Cupboard

Flow don't struggle

Answer me these questions 33 and I'll design the whole shit 'n' shaboodle for ya... shopping list the lot :yinyang:

Are you in scotland?

That's very nice of you.

I've been to Scotland once; it seemed quite nice. Now I live in Euroland. So crossing water would be necessary.

I have already bought a plenty of stuff, including a 25A contactor, RCD, breakers and a WAC 1 fan controller. My TD350 silent extractor is on its way. I am currently wondering if I should try and hitch the fan to the controller with a thermostat to regulate the temperature: moderate speed fan as standard, boost up to high speed when the temp gets to 30°C. I don't know how to do this, but it seems a good idea. Worth pursuing you think?

Answer me these questions 33 and I'll design the whole shit 'n' shaboodle for ya... shopping list the lot :yinyang:

Are you in scotland?

That's very nice of you.

I've been to Scotland once; it seemed quite nice. Now I live in Euroland. So crossing water would be necessary.

I have already bought a plenty of stuff, including a 25A contactor, RCD, breakers and a WAC 1 fan controller. My TD350 silent extractor is on its way. I am currently wondering if I should try and hitch the fan to the controller with a thermostat to regulate the temperature: moderate speed fan as standard, boost up to high speed when the temp gets to 30°C. I don't know how to do this, but it seems a good idea. Worth pursuing you think?

Think your TD fan has a high and low setting. Tutu has done a little " How Tu" ;)

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=257229&st=0&p=2616034&fromsearch=1entry2616034

Burton

Guest motoblunt

Tutu has done a little " How Tu" ;)

post-60795-0-66300100-1301386948_thumb.jpg

Ah yes :blub:

Bit overwhemed by that thread I confess.

That diagram makes that thing look complicated, but it isn't - only the connections to fan / heater etc etc have to be made to an all-in-one box.

This is all you need tho.

med_gallery_64014_3263_3883.jpg

See fan neutral goes straight to fan (ML), and a live goes to each speed controller. The change-over thermostat in between decides when it should be high power and low power by choosing which speed controller live to send to the fan.

Kapeesh?

:spliff:

:yinyang:

Edited by motoblunt

See fan neutral goes straight to fan (ML), and a live goes to each speed controller. The change-over thermostat in between decides when it should be high power and low power by choosing which speed controller live to send to the fan.

Kapeesh?

Yes I think I get that. No. Yes: I get that. Simple really. The thermostat switches between the high and low settings on the fan. And the wiring will be straightforwards looks like? Any old thermostat do?

It seems there is no need for this heavy cream box sitting on the desk marked fan controller then, which I have just received in exchange for a couple of dozen currency units? :wallbash:

Kapeesh?

It seems there is no need for this heavy cream box sitting on the desk marked fan controller then, which I have just received in exchange for a couple of dozen currency units? :wallbash:

Always handy for an intake fan ;)

Guest motoblunt

Kapeesh?

Yes I think I get that. No. Yes: I get that. Simple really. The thermostat switches between the high and low settings on the fan. And the wiring will be straightforwards looks like? Any old thermostat do?

Any old changeover thermostat will do - some / most will only open or close a contact, not switch between one source and another.

I also bought speed controller(s) (WAC1?) for the fan before finding out it is twin speed. But full speed it too noisy for me, so I'm thinking my high speed will be the fan's slow setting, and my low speed about 60% of that...

:yinyang:

That's good thinking motoblunt - I'll be copying you slavishly.

Have now some more bits to report.

Had to erect the undersink cab in situ.

post-60795-0-61760300-1301672980_thumb.jpg

You know what they say about an infinite number of monkeys with an infinite number of typewriters evetually writing the bible? Well the same happenstance applies to one monkey acheiving a level cabinet.

post-60795-0-41725300-1301673084_thumb.jpg

Hey hey. :yahoo:

Put on the top.

post-60795-0-22768900-1301673124_thumb.jpg

I have put these corner things all over. Ugly kinda method, but does the job.

post-60795-0-92961500-1301673307_thumb.jpg

To see where the wooden battons are (remember them?) I put in screws.

post-60795-0-44854600-1301673409_thumb.jpg

Blue screwdriver added to make the picture trully fascinating beyond words. :russian:

It does happen to be one of my favourites though.

Edited by Flow don't struggle

So how's that baffle going you may ask. You wouldn't, aren't and wont, but may. Like this, since you don't:

post-60795-0-06268400-1301673619_thumb.jpg

Not quite long enough drop at the bottom near the chamber hole, so I add some classy finishing.

post-60795-0-57617500-1301673677_thumb.jpg

Pretty fancy eh?

Now, moderate sized error coming up.

Holes on top for airflow needed, so I get out the drill and jiggy jig jig thing. Bzzzz bzzz rip. Holes.

post-60795-0-59684200-1301673961_thumb.jpg

But uh, oh, what a bleeding mess. Should've taken off the top and cut outside. Green particle filth everwhere. Hoovertime. Get these out:

post-60795-0-40421200-1301674065_thumb.jpg

Better.

post-60795-0-55798800-1301674090_thumb.jpg

Need to cover the floor where I stand, otherwise it will get worn and dirty. What better than the cheapest nastiest tiles five euros can buy? In the style of a makeover show, before:

post-60795-0-73539100-1301674270_thumb.jpg

After:

post-60795-0-98219100-1301674312_thumb.jpg

(Wife falls over bowed by the aesthetic gorgeousnessness)

It would be a crime to leave that there don't you think? Take the theme, or, let us say trope, up to the top:

post-60795-0-15466000-1301674539_thumb.jpg

I use classic tiling method and draw a scroll line using a third tile. Only there's no grout gap here, no room for error at all. Need to be accurate to 0.2mm. And I'm not. Not by a long way. So rip a few up, and use different method entirely - butting right angles. This works. The last few are better than the first.

post-60795-0-11604500-1301674702_thumb.jpg

The centre tile is exactly centre. I can use the placing to orientate my pots.

post-60795-0-74984400-1301674774_thumb.jpg

That took a long time. And wasn't as easy as the advert on the box lead me to believe. :headpain:

I think the finish line is in sight now. Clean again and do a few bits of electrics to make myself feel better.

post-60795-0-84175000-1301674989_thumb.jpg

Starting to look like something now.

I really want to get on and grow. I am tempted to throw the seeds in pots tonight. Very tempted.

No. Very very tempted. Can I? Can I please? Oh go on.

do it!! my cupboard was no where near where i wanted it to be but its's doing the job, i'll finish it off once the jar's are full(i hope)