When To Harvest

alzo

Hi peeps ;)

Been growing widow and its my first grow.Im just touching the end of my seventh

week in flower,as far as i know it should be eight weeks and it has to be sticky and 1/3 of the hairs should be orange,thats when their is the most THC and the high is better.

My problem is 2 plants are sticky with loads of white hairs that look like they are going to plan,but my other 4 babys aint that sticky and the orange hairs showed about a week and a half ago.These 4 are tall and lanky while the other two are small and bushy,and look really heathy.What should i do please help me. :yinyang:

Hi alzo,

My problem is 2 plants are sticky with loads of white hairs that look like they are going to plan

If they r white they stilll fot some time to go.

but my other 4 babys aint that sticky and the orange hairs showed about a week and a half ago.
These 4 are tall and lanky while the other two are small and bushy,and look really heathy.

Suggest different strains which would explain the different flowering times your experencing. Also some grown from same seed will express different genetic characteristics. That is why Hydro growers prefer to have cuttings & have grown the Mum of them out to go by. While this dose provide more consistancy in terms of the grow times and quantity/quality

In my experience in taking cuttings this time round is that there was some difference in 'stretch' & overall 'bushyness/stumpyness' between some of the plants although they were all taken from the same plant.

What should i do please help me

I would grow the rest out (Finish blooming, budding & later harvest to see the final product. )

I would be looking at taking cuttings and getting in some cloning experience.

You look like your in this mode of growing your pot for a while after looking at your equipment and GR ect so I would look at knowing and seting up your cloneing & Veg areas in you GR,

Thats all from me & best of luck

i know it says 8 weeks on the packet but widow needs at least 9 and possibly 10 to finally finish.

get a hand lense and look at the resin glands. they are clear as they grow but when they are ripe they expand even more and start to turn a faint brown colour - that's the ideal time to harvest.

in practice i find that mould sets in at around eight and a half weeks and i have to chop and at that point the glands are still clear and smallish even though alot of the hairs have turned brown.

good luck and don't panic - just do it better next time, that's part of the fun.