infomation gurus

Stoner simpson

im thinking of starting my own crop ive resaerched for two days and am planning trip to growell from liverpool.

i have space of a full bedroom i want to covert to a grow room thinking of dutch-dripper kit to sart off 400w light

complemented by a cheap extractor fan for heat reduction all in all will this be enought to grow some decent plantas till i recover my 400 poun to add to my grow room hardware ie co2 dispencer and so on all knowledge gained is much appreciated..  :angry:

Every bit of cash, time and effort you put into this project will be more than rewarded....

With a 400w you're looking at a reasonable growing area of about 3ftx3ft, you can't cover more than that effectively...you need at least 30w/sqft for decent growth rates....

In a 3x3 space you can expect to achieve for a first grow, if you are careful and measured approach, about .5g/w, so up to 200g.....or you might manage .75oz/sqft...(about the same really....75x9=6 and a bit oz)......You will notice your yields going up and up with each subsequent grow, as long as you listen to and learn from your plants....

If you put your growspace in the middle of an open room, you'll want to build up, a four sided box with no lid on to make sure light gets reflected onto the plants, not just leaking away, and you'd need to make sure that the room could have TOTAL darkness for 12 hrs a day.......If you do this you won't need an extractor, but a normal fan on the plants, they'd enjoy that....If you use a large cupboard..(recommended)....you'd have no lightleakage problems, no problems getting COMPLETE dark in 12/12 period, but you'd need extractor to deal with heat issues....

Growell are very helpful and discrete.....

CO2 I wouldn't worry about for your first few grows....other than bigtime commercial growth, good venting will keep levels sweet...CO2 is tricky to get right too, takes a bit of experience of growing and with individual plats needs...

Hope you get started soon, so many people starting now it's untrue....Guess the TrankBar's got so bad now , people not prepared to smoke it.......

Good Luck...

Mono...x

Sounds like your on the right track stoner :alien:

Depending on the size of the bedroom you may want to consider sectioning part of it off. The 400W can only cover a certain area and also it may be easier to control conditions in a smaller space.

Good luck m8

edit: posted simultaneously with Mono.....he's given a bit more detail eh :angry:

Nuff said!  :angry:

But, (hehe) do you really need to go full out for a hydro kit before you know what you are doing? But (another but) maybe i'm just saying that cause i'm jealous, because  i've never invested in an active hydro set up.

Good luck. Growell rocks, take your time with your purchasing.

Chip :rock:

PS. Cool name, Stoner Simpson, mmmm bud!!

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the help decided to go for a 600 w

ive sectioned the room off so i now have a niffty little veg/seedlings room going off, width 2' lenght 5' and ive a little fan each end  and for decoration ten unknown , seedlings suposed to be superskunk but who cares as long as there female! and there not at least some of them arent.

to young to tell got given the seeds about 1 year ago they still germinatd tho well its been swell fellas tar for the advice am sure i will be back for somethin else ta-tar

hello told you i would be back...! there coming up to 10 days old now, from the first one that poped up. the others followed suit a few days later. i have removed them from propergater so as the oots dont get tangled with each other . put them in there own little bed-sits. john innes no3 and perlite and vermiculite mix drop of water to them all. this was 2days ago.

still havent give them any water is this normal soil still seems dampish.  also i got some reflective stuff and my tempreture went up by 15 deg . so i got a fan and my humidity dropped to 40%. so ive put the fan pointing at i wet towel dunked in a bucket of water this has brought up the humidity to around 60% is this to low cos ive read 70-80 % for veg stage

can you get back to me on the water situation i thinc ive give them between 1/2 - 3/4 of a litre 2 days ago ive ten plants and the pot size is tha smallest pots {havent measured them} that should be it cos there looking ok some have established there second internodes and more are coming. lol

Sounds like its going well stonerS

still havent give them any water is this normal soil still seems dampish.  

Perfectly normal, in the early stages you may only need to water once a week.  I'm 4 weeks from harvest and I water every 4 days or so.  Overwatering is the commonest mistake  when growing MJ.

As for the humidity thing, as long as it's not totally arid they should be fine, I've never done more than leave some water hanging around in trays and my loft is quite dry.

There's a lot of hype about on the net and in books about optimal this that and the other but a lot of it is totally OTT when you think about the conditions MJ grows in in the wild (e.g. 55F nightime 110F daytime, 15% humidity in the Hindu Kush).  

It's a weed, stick it in some soil and give it some light and water and it grows lol

wise words @ i cane bud ...

i have been putting my youngens out to sun-bath, by day in the propergater .and they love-it they iam gonna carry on till they wont fit in the propergater cos there leaves and growth rate, in the sun can not be matched by any light on the market... iam not at work so i cAN SIT with them my self...

:thumbs: and when they go back under the lights ,its just like the sun has gone b-hind a cloud ,or a dull day so i recon its a good idea but am open to discution... well i am sure one of my really young-ens is just hanging so i pinched the leaves on this one as experiment supposed to raise the strengh of the thc at the cola let you know how it gets on, if it makes it , he he .. if i fuck up am not arsed am havin a buzz just havin a bash some good buds at first time will be a bonus but  long term  i wont my own fucking farm!!!! .  :peace: