White Lady Sativa Seed's

ChrisC

One week and no germination. How long do Sativa's take to germinate? I have them in potting compost in a greenhouse facing South. Any tips for what I'm doing would help to.

Thanks for any input.

I thaught all seeds germed a lot faster than 1 week, how many seeds you have?,

A better way to germ than just slapping them in some compost is to

get an airtight container, a tupperware sandwich box is good, with a few sheets of bog roll, dampened in luke warm water, and stick it in ur emersion cubby or on the top of a warm radiator, sorted, i always get seeds to crack in under 12 hrs, sometimes as quick as 8 hrs have a root coming through, try that m8, if they havent already sprouted.

if u get 0 seeds germed out of however many, say 10,

you've been officially jumped :wassnnme:

nice one m8,

and remember------------

Hi there ChrisC

How long do Sativa's take to germinate?

They could take a while I've been growing "Sativa's" will take about max 10 days Average 5 so sorry to sy get used to it. I have grown many from seeds & just wait like you do when you grow them.

I've got some "Sativa's" in flower now with pics in 'nonorganic'Compost Fourm .

That site with the free offer. I took a look. It is very commercial. I don't visit 2 many but I only read a few lines then scrolled down to read more. I don't think much of it all. It's very 'commercial' is my only comment.

I thaught all seeds germed a lot faster than 1 week, how many seeds you have?

Seeds like when they grow up will always want the optimal. "Sativa's" like there sun as an 'Equatorial Strain' of the cannabis plant. So I hope your in UK (Where R U ?) and not too late if you plan to pot em up & grow outdoors. Anyone will tell you that your got 15 weeks from germination in cluding Vegitative (growth stage) the 20 Weeks of maturing under 12/12 light & even move light down again (14/10 light out /light on) when your sick of waiting.

Actually they appeared to have appeared since posting this.

"they appeared to have appeared since posting this." Yea ! 10 day Ave/Max but I know you can get other seeds come up in 24 hrs Thou!

I'm using the natural light bulb in the sky.

I saw a handy thread on here about outdoor 'eye in the sky times (Sunset/sunrise times for UK) and look for postings among other posting on 'What to grow outdoors or When to grow ect.

How many up now ? :unsure:

How many up now ? :)

Five now. Thats the amount I planted. I actually have 10 Sativa's, 20 Skunk #1's as I am a first time grower I decided to plant 5 Sativa's. Yes I know I should have gone for the Skunk #1 as they are indica, but hey I'm being inpulsive. :ninja:

you live in London correct? I take it your gunna grow them in door right? If your gunna grow the outdoor you wont be able to grow the sats outdoor.

Hope all goes well :)

HG

I'm growing them in a greenhouse. So should be ok. I don't know I'll see. If they mess up they mess up. I can always try again another time.

Very new myself and dont know much, so wait for the next post before taking anything I say in.

I think Highest Grade and Nitramkram were refering to the difference between our (UK) light and Equator light.

Now the way I read this, my theory would be that were Sativa is natural it has a light cycle of light-dark of 13/11(summer) and 11/13(winter)

Where as in the UK we have a cycle close to 18/6 (summer) and 6/18 (winter)

Because the equatorial light varies so little, Sativa act a bit wierd, in so much as they work on a yearly growth pattern (well not far off) and take an age to get past the vegative stage, although, as your starting on the 18/6 period it should speed up a little.

Now what should happen to your plants is this, when the daylight drops to 12/12 or maybe a bit lower (the autumn equinox in 13 weeks time) then your plants should flick into flowering mode, hopefully.

But because they will soon, within a few weeks after the equinox, have less than 11 hours they will start to finish off the flowering period. Not long after this tyhe plant will finish its cycle.

So basically the uk cycle will rush the flowering to such an extent that its buds will be under small, and not strong.

The same things happen when folks decide to rush more northern varietys up in grow rooms, by reducing the light to something like 8/16!!!, although there is something to be said for this if it looks like there is enough bud I guess.

Again, im very very new to this, and so my theory might be totally off the wall and wrong, so hopefully some of the more educated guys will say if this is what they meant or not.

By the way, I do think you will still get something out of it as well as the experience so keep it up and who knows what might happen :yinyang:

Is it 100% sativa or is it a bit of a mix?

Edited by Kondor

well certainly worth keeping going mate, bet at the end of your grow you will know more about green house growing than I do that for sure!

Keep an eye on some of the greenhouse guys as im sure everything that you experience they will have seen a time or two :wassnnme:

could he shove something that flowers a bit quicker in next to it lads?

and what are they called?