cupboard grow

scorch

For anyone planning on setting up in the airing cupboard, this has been my 'economy' grow space for about 2 years. Cupboard painted out in white matt emulsion. Door has rubber draught excluders which keep any noise and light in. In the bottom there is a section of plasterboard cut out which leads via a light baffle into our wardrobe as a passive air intake. The hood is vented, and goes to a inline fan, then through a carbon filter into our well ventilated loft. Here the warm air is reused to dry buds, and the temperature and humidity of the loft have proved spot on for slow drying. The light is a 250 HPS, with the ballast/starter, safety contactor, timer etc also concealed in our wardrobe.

A lowryder grow, assuming 8/9 weeks from seed, costs around £40.00 in electricity. I guess it initially cost about £150 to set up, everything I needed came from ebay.

I'm growing exclusivey auto-flowering lowryders now. The two large plants budding are pakistan ryders about two weeks away from harvest The smaller pots are Grassomatic seedlings, two weeks from seed. Out of shot are two more grassomatic in wet paper towel, waiting on their turn.

This is about as much as that little canopy can handle, but I generally see about an ounce and a half dry per plant.

I use soluble fertilizer that has vaguely the right ratio of npk in it, and I mix it in the big bin in the bottom. Its handy to have it ready like that, and being allowed to stand for a few days before its used ensures its the right temperature. It also creates a bit of humidity in the space. I have never really been satisfied with the humidity in there, its usually about 30%, but they don't seem to mind.

I discovered that heavy feeding on the run up to budding is the best way to encourage autoflowers. They grow almost violently, and suck the nitrogen out of their leaves if you don't provide some feed. When they start actually forming recognizable buds I start them on pure water, usually for the last two weeks before the chop.

I have found most varieties pretty straightforward to grow, they all seem pretty resilient. I do keep the area meticulously clean, and even vacuum it once a week to ensure no unwanted visitors are planning on moving in.

Leaving them when we go away for a few days is a bit awkward, but I have found that If I water the hell out of them before I go, and leave them in the middle of our living room (topfloor flat), then they are usually good for 3 days or so.

Aside from my partner and I, nobody knows of its existence, an ethic I decided on from the start. I think that's important if its something you plan to do long term.

I can't imagine buying the stuff now, I have tried weed bought on the street a few times recently, and it simply isn't a patch on homegrown.

post-43410-0-11202200-1298117310_thumb.jpg

For anyone planning on setting up in the airing cupboard, this has been my 'economy' grow space for about 2 years. Cupboard painted out in white matt emulsion. Door has rubber draught excluders which keep any noise and light in. In the bottom there is a section of plasterboard cut out which leads via a light baffle into our wardrobe as a passive air intake. The hood is vented, and goes to a inline fan, then through a carbon filter into our well ventilated loft. Here the warm air is reused to dry buds, and the temperature and humidity of the loft have proved spot on for slow drying. The light is a 250 HPS, with the ballast/starter, safety contactor, timer etc also concealed in our wardrobe.

A lowryder grow, assuming 8/9 weeks from seed, costs around £40.00 in electricity. I guess it initially cost about £150 to set up, everything I needed came from ebay.

I'm growing exclusivey auto-flowering lowryders now. The two large plants budding are pakistan ryders about two weeks away from harvest The smaller pots are Grassomatic seedlings, two weeks from seed. Out of shot are two more grassomatic in wet paper towel, waiting on their turn.

This is about as much as that little canopy can handle, but I generally see about an ounce and a half dry per plant.

I use soluble fertilizer that has vaguely the right ratio of npk in it, and I mix it in the big bin in the bottom. Its handy to have it ready like that, and being allowed to stand for a few days before its used ensures its the right temperature. It also creates a bit of humidity in the space. I have never really been satisfied with the humidity in there, its usually about 30%, but they don't seem to mind.

I discovered that heavy feeding on the run up to budding is the best way to encourage autoflowers. They grow almost violently, and suck the nitrogen out of their leaves if you don't provide some feed. When they start actually forming recognizable buds I start them on pure water, usually for the last two weeks before the chop.

I have found most varieties pretty straightforward to grow, they all seem pretty resilient. I do keep the area meticulously clean, and even vacuum it once a week to ensure no unwanted visitors are planning on moving in.

Leaving them when we go away for a few days is a bit awkward, but I have found that If I water the hell out of them before I go, and leave them in the middle of our living room (topfloor flat), then they are usually good for 3 days or so.

Aside from my partner and I, nobody knows of its existence, an ethic I decided on from the start. I think that's important if its something you plan to do long term.

I can't imagine buying the stuff now, I have tried weed bought on the street a few times recently, and it simply isn't a patch on homegrown.

passive.txt

• 2 weeks later...

great use of space there scorch , I hear ya on the not letting anyone know but yer missus , me too ..my little tent hits 30 and sometimes 32 degrees C in the summer months , but apart from a few curly leaves at the top it seems fine... personally I find a 250 watt just right for doing percy , 2 grows a year does me and the other half nicely...good luck :yinyang:

I was on a 2 grows a year cycle too, but I ALWAYS left it too late when putting on my next grow. ;)

This is the main bud on one of my Pakistans, I'll be chopping this in about a week i reckon :)

post-43410-0-88863700-1299489212_thumb.jpg

that looks nice ... I have got one on the go at the moment called afaghan kush ryder as I have never grown one before and seem to find conflicting reports on height , I am thinking it will probably be very similar to your Pakistani . how tall is it ?, if you dont mind me asking , and have you limited its growth in any way

Edited by pete8376

• 2 weeks later...

that looks nice ... I have got one on the go at the moment called afaghan kush ryder as I have never grown one before and seem to find conflicting reports on height , I am thinking it will probably be very similar to your Pakistani . how tall is it ?, if you dont mind me asking , and have you limited its growth in any way

Hi i have a small closet grow i started on autos like you but now do 12/12 and tie them down i can produce over 2 oz per plant and its alot better quality :smokin: