Who got the smelly jack47 pheno?

Guest papaduc

Guest papaduc

One pheno that stands out from the other more lemony ones... it's got a darker more musky skunky vibe to it and a dry bud has a livery sort of sulphury smell to it and it comes through heavy in the smoke... Ring any bells?

I only got one pheno like this out of five and want to know the chances of getting it again. Loved it.

Both mine taste and smell somewhere between bland and drain like after 2.5 months cure,they look fantastic but neither seem to have picked up any flavour in the cross sadly.

Guest papaduc

No mate... it got fuckin robbed...bollox

more gutted about that than any of the other stuff because all of the headbands were cracking and all tasted virtually the same, but that jack pheno stood out from all ten of the sweet seeds stuff. ah well.

erb, you say it didn't taste? Do you mean not to your tastes or just not a taste at all?

If you mean they didn't taste at all it's weird because even the other phenos had a lemon detergent taste to them...weren't really my thing to be honest, but would have been interested to see what it cured like. But they all had taste. The cream caramels I found didn't taste that strong, but were smooth, true to it's name I suppose.

It has taste just not much and nothing that could be described as lemony, not shit just uninspiring, the kind of weed that ends up at the back of the cupboard. I think maybe the jack herer I was basing my expectations on must have been very different to the one used in this cross as I remember it having bags of flavour, I am either unlucky or poor at growing it as the 2 blues seed plants grown in the same medium and nutes taste amazing.

• 3 months later...
Guest papaduc

Well guess what... turns out the black jack I got gifted from the clone fairy is virtually identical to the one I lost. :yep:

Having got the same pheno twice now, a proper oldschool nice dank skunky smoke, I'd advice anyone to run either of the Jacks because it's obviously a common trait in it. Quality herb.

• Like 1

Guest papaduc

To be honest reef dude, I think this is one that's gonna split people who smoke it you know. It all depends on whether you're a fan of the old school skunk armoa or not. If you like that dark nasty shitty vibe that it had. If you do, then you'll love the bud I'm smoking right now.

But... it's not fruity, sweet or creamy etc... Don't get me wrong I like that too and I'm looking which carries the fruity vibe heavily into the smoke, but the Jack's character is all about the musky, quite nasty scent it brings to the table.

Don't know about onions though :unsure:

• Like 1

Guest oldskoolsmoker

The pheno I grew was one of the best strains I have ever grown I left 7 grams to cure for over 6 months and she is just lovely even better very hazy now :skin_up:

OSS :smokin:

• Like 1

Guest papaduc

The pheno I grew was one of the best strains I have ever grown I left 7 grams to cure for over 6 months and she is just lovely even better very hazy now :skin_up:

:yep: very nice.

What stands out for me is the fact that it's one of those strains you don't have to try and taste, know what I mean?

You shouldn't have to try and taste good tasting weed. For me, one of the biggest let downs is sticking your first spliff of a harvest and getting that generic taste with maybe a hint of something you could smell when it was growing.

That's what lets a lot of strains down; the fact that the smell doesn't transmit into the smoke very well, if at all.

• Like 1

One pheno that stands out from the other more lemony ones... it's got a darker more musky skunky vibe to it and a dry bud has a livery sort of sulphury smell to it and it comes through heavy in the smoke... Ring any bells?

I only got one pheno like this out of five and want to know the chances of getting it again. Loved it.

Dude i had sim a while back. It was a heavy smell aswell as smoke. Kept a clone for another run then discontinued it as was starting other strains. Bloody well regreted it ever since as have'nt had sim since poppin a few j47 beans. Put me on my arse and really helped me sleep when i was having sleepness nights due to pain.

I'd say keep it for a while 4sure.

peace :hippy:

Guest oldskoolsmoker

:yep: very nice.

What stands out for me is the fact that it's one of those strains you don't have to try and taste, know what I mean?

You shouldn't have to try and taste good tasting weed. For me, one of the biggest let downs is sticking your first spliff of a harvest and getting that generic taste with maybe a hint of something you could smell when it was growing.

That's what lets a lot of strains down; the fact that the smell doesn't transmit into the smoke very well, if at all.

Yeah I know what you mean mate grown a few strains like that :headpain:

this jack is just lovely from dry and not much cure I did not think it could get any better then it did lovely taste and a good old hit to her :stoned: I put away a bit more to cure this time round but I'm finding hard not to smoke her lol

Oss

• Like 2

Guest papaduc

It's the mood of this weed that makes it a keeper as well for me. Mine's mellow, but not mongy. It's got a hit but it's not overpowering. It's all round quality because it yields quite well as well and isn't that long. You could take this at 8 weeks no problem. Yours the same?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I grew 3 Jack 47s from seed and 2 turned out to be very similar, both in growth and smoke. The third smokes the same, but it was a bit of a freak, seemed to have moulded two stems together into one.

This stuff is the nicest I have grown personally in 5yrs on and off and 10 diff strains or so, and up there with the nicest things Ive smoked full stop.

As someone else said, the smell is reminiscent of older strains, and once you smell it you know its going to be strong. It has got better and better with curing (currently 3weeks). When you toke its a thick inhale, almost like smoking hash, the taste catches you at the back of the throat...which I can describe best as a dank but hazy taste and smells like when you walk into a coffeshop :)It is a sativa dominant but smokes like an indica to me as I can't really do much after smoking it.

Wish I'd kept a mother now