Greenfly Attacks: War Declared

SeedOmizer

hey all

I got a prob. The place was rewired recently and I have has flouros installed in the kitchen, bathroom and 'warm white' energy savers installed elsewhere.

But the bloody insects love it!!

As I type they are flying into the monitor because i'm sitting in the dark...

The biggest prob is my two young ladies are attracting unwelcome glances from horny fly's...HELLLLLLLLLLPPPP

I can't sit in the dark all summer: any home made (green)fly traps or plants I should place around my girls to deter the little fu*kers....

:yinyang: all

soz Wilbur Nutsack..

Didn't know if I should pot this here or in pest control: but figured it's more kinder evironment for me, but then again they are a fu*king pest...

pls move if its in the wrong place :yinyang:

:yinyang:

The ticky fly baits you can get cheep from the local supermarket should help out.

Never seen a green fly - I do know they got good eyes Y infra red mode 2 :(

G'day Nitramkram

Here's a funny thing...After sitting in the dark for a few hours, the majority of the flys had buggered off, leaving all but the laziest to remain on the ceiling - So perhaps that is the answer: lights off and let the neighbours become their hosts.

I did find one on the little basta*ds in the veg room this morning. It was dead (thankfully) and very crispy...just how they should be whilst I'm being Farmer S!

*mental note to self - install a fine mesh filter on GR intakes*

It's all a big learning curve this eh???? GR8 ;)

I'm sure the insects in Oz are prob: They're giants and everything seems to have teeth or can kill within a nano-second...and that's just the women :headpain:

Hey all, lovely weather we're having... :ermm:

I've just installed 'normal' bulbs where-ever I could but I still have the fluro in the kitchen, which I can't convert, and the flys have come back like a swarm of locus.

I'm back sitting in the dark again tonight - and the bastards are dive bombing me!

I really need to know if these greenfly present any problem to my plants. :(

;) all

PS: Just had a look at one that landed on my monitor. Looks like a miniture dragon fly. I thought greenfly where fat blobby things that you get on roses :blub:

Have you tought of onr ogf the UV bug zappers! Reasibably prices & effective. would n't recomend in your GR but somewhere near would do the trick!

*mental note to self - install a fine mesh filter on GR intakes*

Good idea too

Hey Nitramkram

Thanks for the suggestions m8. I think the wind tunnel that is my veg camber is keeping them at bay for the moment. Those that do make in are being fried by the light...all good things come to those that wait!

Greenfly aside - I have noticed some very small, very fast, black flys....I could have swore that they were playing 'add' around the plant pots, then when they saw me watching them, they 'stared me out'. :woot: Goddam scarey!

Killed 3, one made a run for it. :wub:

This has got me thinking though: We are just begining to feel the warmer weather here. If we start to experience hot and humid for any length of time my insect problem may become a real problem later in the grow :wub: . I'm going to have to give serious thought to having both my Veg rm & GR sealed from pest invasion.

stay :) Nitramkram

:) all