Hi And Help

molsey

hi guys,

as you see im a new member and also a new grower,i have been reading your forums on and off for a a month or so now,so i though its about time i signed up and become a member,and to bombard you all with my many questions!

i have visited various related grow forums posted what i am about to post here,due to them being ignorant bastards,i have recieved no replys,so ill try my luck here!

ok first off,i have 2 NL that have been in flowering for 3 weeks now under 200w of 4 feet fluros,everything is going hunky dory,sweet as a nut!

BUT,i was told to achieve a better yield i would have to invest in something that can punch out alot more light!....so i went and ordered a 400w hps,

400w was delivered today,i hung it in the cupboard, with the fluros the heat reading is 30 oC but with the 400w its reading way over 30 oC,also i have a 9inch fan blowing the air around!

i have been reading up on extractor fans to suck the hot air out,BUT im still cluless of what to buy,so if you guys wouldnt mind giving me some advice,

cheapest possible ways please guys,money is a problem here!

my cupboard measurements are

hight,6feet

lenght,3feet

depth,about 2feet

thanks !

Ideally you'll want to arrange some form of carbon filter too, so you'll need something like a 5" or 6" rvk or similar - a 400w hps takes a lot of cooling, particularly through the summer! :guitar:

best of luck, and welcome to our growing band! :guitar:

Welcome molsey M8 - UK 420 is cool. I have never used any other forms and found all the peeps here very helpful, funny at times and some of em with the knowledge, skills and advice worth a ton.

i was told to achieve a better yield i would have to invest in something that can punch out alot more light!....so i went and ordered a 400w hps

One of a few of your options - but a good one - The HSP is not the hotest but in Summer in a small area like a cupboard you will need some ventalation happening.

I take it you've decided to grow n that space. If so can you gives us a diagram /pic /or dimensions.

i have 2 NL that have been in flowering for 3 weeks now

Must be crowded in there then, but I'd say theyt are else where ATM. fill us in on your prefered grow space with he 400W HSP.

i have visited various related grow forums posted what i am about to post here,due to them being ignorant bastards,i have recieved no replys,so ill try my luck here!

Haven't come across any here & someone will be along in a few mins to help you out. More info required - sorry can't help you out with the fan (s) I'm in Aust.

cheers Nitram :unsure:

nitramkram all the measurements are in my 1st post :unsure:

could anyone tell me wether a S&P TD160 INLINE FAN,would do the job?

Not a chance mate ...

you need a 6 inch rvk mate A1 model Have a Butchers at my diary youll see i have a 6 inc fan pulling air from my light also a td160 bringing fresh air in and im getting aother 5 inc rvk to cool the room my space is enclosed so i have no choice if your space is simmelar even a 6inc on its own in the summer might not do the job ... :smoke:

saldo1 Posted on Jun 11 2004, 05:18 PM

Not a chance mate ...

lol:soap:

Yes Saldo ;)

Although there is an A1 and L1 version available at the 6" size, I would go for the L1 at an extra cost of around £15 it will give you 660 cubic metres/hr, whereas the A1 version although cheaper will only give you 420 cubic metres/hr.

I only wish that I had the money to even contemplate shopping for a fan :( ...

Good luck!

:smoke:

have any of you guys heard of a dayton squirrel cage fan 165cfm,i have been searching high and low,but they only seem to be avalable in the states,this fan was recommened earlier to me by a yank friend!

I've never seen anywhere that sells them in this country mate, but by the sounds of it it would be similiar to the TD160 in terms of air movement. So this would be no good anyway.

Cheapest i've seen a RVK150 A1 is £95, but if you could afford it get the L1 (£115)

I hope you got some sort of heavy duty contactor for that light mate, it is likely to wreck your timer otherwise.

Costly buisness huh :smoke:

A 250 would have been easier, but he's already got the light. Get as big a fan as you can get, make the most of that light, you won't be sorry B)

i totally agree with you fellas,a 250w would be more suitable for my GR,but you all know what its like when you have got the hard cash sitting in your pocket,you just wanna spend it on anything!

as for the fan,The Rk160 has a 160mm (6 1/4") inlet and boasts a 476m3 per hour,

so im gonna pick this one up,when i get some cash,

the guy is only knocking them out for 70 notes!