Big Plant -- Small Greenhouse

StonedCabbage

Hmmmm, the plant I am growing at the moment has really loved the sunlight these past few weeks and just shot up.

I was aiming for a big plant, but not one that would outgrow the size of my greenhouse. Oh well more bud for me =D.

Anyway back to the point of the thread, I want to promote bush-e-ness (I don't know how to spell) rather than a tall plant. I have heard that you can cut the tip off the plant while it is young to influence a bushy plant and so it splits at the stem. Is there any special way of doing this or shall I just cut the top off my next plant (Whenever I next grow it).

Cheers in advance and 'appy sm0kin

I have heard that you can cut the tip off the plant while it is young to influence a bushy plant and so it splits at the stem. Is there any special way of doing this or shall I just cut the top off my next plant (Whenever I next grow it).

Yep, pinching out the growing tip will cause the plant to grow more bushy. Repeat this later with the new top shoots if you still think it's going to end up too tall.

The other way is to bend the stems, either by tying them down or by creasing them so that they stay bent without actually snapping. Check for recent posts by uglybudly for a description and pictures of the latter method.

Edit: bend it like budly!

Edited by hairy face