Pesticde ?

roblfc

I put my 6 wk old girlies in the garden recently and they got chewed up real bad :yinyang: .

I read a thread about leaf coat . Is this the answer or will a pesticide from B+Q suffice my needs ? Please give me a brand name to buy not the chemical names please.

Great site guys keep up the good work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:band::yep::ouch:

deffo NOT any chemical based ones! - You should be ok with anything marked "organic" - but try to keep it to the vegging period only. "Leafcoat" is a truly organic way, or the same company's "buzz off" is often used :yinyang:

• 2 weeks later...

I agree

Dont get chemicals.

I have this report on chemical pesticides, and apparently when you burn pesticides you will crate one of the most toxic substances known to men.

I will get this on line when i can find it.

Amsterdammer

Before you do anything, you need to identify what the problem is. So first advise, find what pest is causing the problem.

Then we can advise you how to deal with it.

It may be its slugs or snails, leaf coat and no insecticide will deal with that problem.

It may be its slugs or snails, leaf coat and no insecticide will deal with that problem

Learn something new every day :headpain: off to leaf coat my courgettes who are getting a hammering despite; talcum powder, ringing with copper, ash, sandpaper mulch, dried egg shells and importing of two frogs.

The only solution to slugs I ever found to have any remote effect was vaseline. Only works for pots mind. You just coat the lip with a heavy layer of the stuff. Most slugs can't grip on it so - voila. Some do, hey-ho. And then birds drop you a snail, oh lovely!

Slugs - what was the GL thinking of?

Bury a cup half full of beer (Bitter works best, but they will go for lager as well) the slimy little lushes will fall in, get drunk and die happily.

• 11 months later...

I am growing using NTF in rockwool using bioponic nutrients. I have had problems with leaf fungus in the past and wondered if anyone has used LeafCoat by Biobizz and if they found it good or not but most importantly is it ok to use with my setup.

Jim