How To

lagger

hi.

can anyone explain in laymens terms about the 550 pixel size of pics

and how to change if needed. don't want to send pic if its gonna be wrong.

from someone who is not computer literate (5 mins or more to type this post).

cheers.

is it that you just take a lower quality pic . my camera has 3 quality settings.

when i look at properties at the size of pic they are different

(i.e. 256kb,145kb,67kb) i think.

so have i answered my q?

thanks

laters.

post-101-1087233964.jpg

lagger

can anyone explain in laymens terms about the 550 pixle size of pics

and how to change if needed.

Pixles refers to the miniture tubes which make up you screen (the whole screen) and the images which are dislayed .

http://www.definethat.com/define/?id=60

Pixel (combination of Picture & Element) is the smallest element of a display which can be assigned a color. If your display is set to the maximum resolution, it is the smallest building block on the monitor. If your display is set to a lower resolution, it can be made up of several blocks to form each pixel.

You ay need to change the size of you pics when posting. to do this I recomend a photo editor program called "infranview" availiable free on net(See Url)

http://www.tucows.com/preview/194967.html

Multi language support, thumbnail option, preview option, slideshow, drag-and-drop support, fast directory view, batch conversion, e-mail option, audio CD player, print option, change color depth, scan support, cut/crop, IPTC edit, effects (sharpen, blur, Adobe Photoshop filters), capturing, extract icons from EXE/DLL/ICLs, lossless JPG rotation, EXE/SCR creation, many hotkeys, many command line options, many plug-ins

Not difficult to use and has a 'resize' function which is about all you need then sve to you HD & the upload.

Hope this helps lol

ive read about resizing, cropping etc but still dont understand how to post photos on forums. do i need to post my pics on a site such as a free geocites, which i find cumbersome, and then do something??? im sure there's an easier way but i warn you im not at all IT litterate. building my first growroom this weekend and would love to post a diary. thanks for any help.

Edited by 3rd floor felon

is dead easy to post pics up here m8,

when you are posting, there is a box below the main text box, which allows you to attach a file to the post, click on brows and find the pic that you want to add to the post, the pic will appear below whatever you type.

the 550 pixel size is easy to obtain, i use microshit photo editor for all of my grow pics, as it is quick and very easy.

just opon the pic with photo editor, click on image in the menu bar and then resize. a box will appear, you will need to change the units from CM to pixels and then type in 550. job doen, save the new image and attach it to a post.

good luck

it worked! that one was resized but looked smaller than a lot on here so heres a test from todays busy 1st gr build. im shooting on smallest size so may not need resizing?

post-101-1087757128.jpg

think the quality suffers, should i take shots in higher resoluiton? sorry if thats a stupid question but digital/computer newbee too! heres another of the soon to be brought in plants from guess where? 3rd floor window? thats right!

also where should i post my grow diary? its my first and im doing it in soil if you pardon the dirty protest pun lol

oh now im getting 'YOU CANNOT UPLOAD THIS TYPE OF FILE' error message :ouch:

oh now im getting 'YOU CANNOT UPLOAD THIS TYPE OF FILE' error message  :ouch:

You get that if the file is too large. Just to the left of the box where you enter the filename it should state the maximum size allowed.