Are These Shots Close Enough?

latigid aikon

I have taken some close up pics of my buds to attempt to work out if they are ready to harvest yet. I imagine they still have a little way to go, the pistils are still mainly white but I want to be able to look at the triches before the time comes.

I take it I need to get in closer than this?

post-115-1086527397.jpg

glad you like the pics, cheers for the kind words mate lol

I took them by holding various SLR lenses in front of my digi cam. Unfortunately none of them let me get in any closer than that so I will have to get something better.

BTW the pics are of a sensi seeds four way, I havent kept a note of how long its been under 12/12 but it looks like it will be ready to harvest soon so I better get a decent lens sorted asap.

edit: I take it the awesome pic you posted above shows a plant ready to harvest?

Edited by kieran

Ello lol

Save yourself a bit of cash and pic up a x10 loupe for £2. As recomended by OT1 here.

If your feeling flush then shell out on a x20. I took my pic through one of these B)

edit: I take it the awesome pic you posted above shows a plant ready to harvest?

It depends on your preference / impatience when it comes to harvest time. Cut the plants when milky colour for a more "heady" high. Amber coloured for more of a "couch-lock" smoke.

- Kafka

Edited by Kafka

cheers skinny d, I never thought of ebay, I see there are quite a few....

a few days ago I bought an 8x lupe from Jessops locally for 5.99, it let me see (just about) close enough and I've harvested now. I cant seem to take any decent photos with it though, dunno why?

8x really isnt strong enough though, I will try to get a 30x or similar or maybe just a cheap microscope.

• 2 weeks later...

can you just stick any ordinary *x lens in front of your camera and it will automatically focus??? ( my camera, kodak dx4530 has auto focus)

but will it auto focus through the additional lens??

im not up for forking out 60 odd quids for a lens system for my camera.

thanks guys,

niceone, rk

Lots of people use a hand held magnifier to take macro shots. You should be able to get one, holding another lens in front of your camera.I personally used a kids hand held plastic "bug viewing" manifier in front of my camera when it was on auto focus and it worked (ish) but took a very steady hand!

Hope it works for you! Love a good macro shot myself.

EO

nice one m8, just gotta w8 for some trichs now ;)

this 5mp cam takes some beastly pics at high res / full quality, shame the site only allows 150kb lol the pics get up to 2.90 mb jpg :D

• 3 months later...