How Long Till Harvest?

Steveman

I started my five plants on the 12-12 cycle today. They are two months old, and a little over one foot tall. My question is, how long till buds start growing on them? Thanks for your help in advance.

buds could start forming in a few weeks, but wont be ready for harvest usually 45-70 days into 12/12. depends on the strain, any idea what it is?

Nope, none, but thanks. I'm looking forward to harvest! Also, I read that my plants will double in size during flowering. Is that true?

:stoned:

Some may even treble in size, it's all (yet again) down to which strain ;)

If I were you I would look round the house for a magnifying glass. After around six weeks of 12/12 if this glass is strong enough you will be able to look at the trichomes. These are small mushroom looking fellas that make up your THC, and they will tell you when you want to harvest.

A harvest of clear trichomes is recommended for vaporisers, I think that 50/50 cloudy milky is more a cerebreal stone, and amber trichs are for that heavy physical couch lock stone.

Just coming to the end of my first grow consisting of 3 plants. As I don't know what kind of strength of gear it will be, I am harvesting in stages. One plant was chopped at the 50/50 stage, and the others I will be leaving to go a bit longer until the majority (currently around 10%) of trichs are amber lol .

If you can't find a magnifying glass (don't forget you will need to use it with some kind of light) then I've got a link that Joolz was kind enough to point me towards if you need it let me know. They will deliver a 60-100x hand held magnifier for £9.99, within a couple of days, and NO P&P!!!

Anyway, hope that helped. Do a search of the site mate for either "trichs" or "trichomes" lol

:unsure:

yes you all are right!

but if i have no microscope or good magnifying glass can i harvest when pistils(hairs) are 60-70% red or brown?

post-115-1086343470.jpg

i haven't read much coz i can't focus..cider lager n' ak has that affect on da tichmeista..jus listnin'(in da garden with a few reet onourable gardnin' colleagues..ay the walshtaz here kaned as usual...but all i can say iz i've got a brand new combine-harvester an' i'll give u the key...cut ya weed when ya trix are shiny an' swellin' me gardnin' chum..peace oot..am' off for a bleaze in that new combine...niiiice