Big Spidermite Problem

GanjaGreg

i spray infested plants then spray again 6 days later as the guy at the nusery store instructed me with this little bottle he gave me .... I mix 2ml into 1000ml of water and then spray under leaves and everywhere !!!! This method keeps them under control for a couple of weeks and then they all come back again just like before !

Any help ? any sort of insect that eats them ? anything to do with natural products no chemicals !!! ????

Thankz GanjaGreg ....................

Guest nav182

Hi Bud

Natural predators of spidermite, once they've done eating those little bastards they die naturally

Nav

GG - have a read around M8, there's tons of advice on site about these little fekkers. Predators only work in the vegging period.

Bio-Bizz's "Buzz-Off" is a natural product and does indeed control if not eliminate the little sods.

The only way to truly beat the borg is shut down your growroom, clean everything at least twice and then start up again with borg free stock.

Buzz Off only slows them down

Nav any links to growell are considered spam at uk420.

Apart from that predators will not work once flowering commences and only give a little control in veg, they could work in veg if the humidity was kept above 85%.

If you were going to buy predators ie: they work fine in say a greenhouse under natural light hrs as long as you have long light hrs at the time and very high humidity. You do not buy them from a reseller like a grow shop but from a producer like defenders so you get them fresh and they are only posted once, they are also cheaper.

GanjaGreg abermectin should eradicate the mites I looked to see what country you are coming from. The trade name for the product you need is VERTIMEC or Dynamec both contain abermectin as an active ingredient.

The spray routine should be the same procedure as in the faq for thrips. All input air needs to be screened as in your country mites are naturalised outdoors.

• 2 weeks later...

U need the active ingredient to be dicofol...

i used Horticos red spider miticide....i have used it once on a badly infested 7 plant crop...and they have never came back.

after the grow i wiped down the whole room in the shit.....and i havent seen any bugs since..

so make sure your product has DICOFOL in it.

• 4 weeks later...

Only just saw nacho's comment, please no one should use Dicofol

Dicofol is a organochlorine acaricide (a chemical that kills mites) that is structurally similar to DDT. It is highly toxic to aquatic life and can cause egg-shell thinning in some bird species. If its still available in your country, you should be asking for it to be banned, nothing in the environment should be exposed to it.

what happened to torque?

this stuff works , its an arachnicide made by zeneca and i've used it in the past .

i dont think it was scheduled for public use but the guy who sold it to me said it was safe since it only killed spiders and boy did it!

one spray of torque and no spiders ever , no repeat spraying ,no toxic smell very easy to use ....where is it now?....ot?

cf

• 2 weeks later...