SWEET SEEDS OUTDOORS @ 55oLat ! ? !

CANTTHINKOFAUSERNAME

hi there, im going guerilla again this year, and lookin for early finishing strains and autos (for a little bit of smoke while harvesting in october). so i followed the link on this forum and scanned through sweet seeds catalogues for early finishing strains and these 2 sound like they could be what im looking for.... i then realised SS is a spanish company, at like, what? 35ish lat? :spliff: so this has given me a few questions, and after scanning almost every thread in the SS section to find nothing... im gonna have to ask them here.

hope some1 can help me in some way cos these strains like delicious..

1st of all how will the 20 or so latitude differnce effect the flowering/harvest times?

(directed for tommy) have the green poison & speed devil been tried and tested outside in uk?

and do Sweet Seeds only sell feminised seeds, or do they sell regular seeds also?

CTOAUN

p.s. ive noticed the customer service tommy has given through this website, and when my landlord decides to go ahead with my referbishment on my flat, and when im all setup inside, i definatetly want to grow a few of the sweet seeds collection... and maybe enter 1 of the competitions lol

Hi mate! Welcome to the Sweet Seeds subforum at uk420 and thanks for your interest in our sweet products!

1st of all how will the 20 or so latitude differnce effect the flowering/harvest times?

I'll start saying that Sweet Seeds varieties are, in their majority, poli hybrids of modern genetics that have been grow all around Europe for the last decades, so plants have the same chances of doing well in every country as the chances that any other european seed bank would provide.

When comparing Spains latitude with UK latitude I wouldn't speak of a difference of 20º. More like 10º, if you compare Madrid (41), València (39) or Barcelona(41) with London (51), for example. Personally I think that the difference of hours of light a day they get and the fact that in the UK the plants will start flowering a bit latter than in Spain is not the issue one should care about. I guess that the fact that in the UK you guys have less hours of sunlight (with many cloudy days) and the problem you usually have with high humidity should be considered the main issues about growing outdoors over there in the North. Of course the harvest date you can see in our catalogue is more about the expected in Spain like latitudes, but even considering that, Green Poison is maybe the fastest strain from out catalogue for the oudoot grower.

Anyway, considering the problems I have talked about, with the difference of sunlight and with rainy septembers and octobers, the new autoflowering varieties we are releasing in the market right now would be my choice if I were you. An automatic will not respond to foto periodic changes, the plant always starts flowering from the 4th node (20-30 days after germination) and will always be ready some 50-70 days after germination, depending on the strain. It means that if you germinate seeds in the 1st of june, plants will start flowering for sure between the 20th and the 30th of june and will be ready to harvest between the 20th of july and the 10th of august. Doing this you will avoid the high humidity days of september, october and sometimes november that you get with no-auto varieties.

And they are very productive and as aromatic as their no-auto versions. I did Cream Caramel Auto and Black Jack Auto a while ago, I'm posting the grow diary right now around here, press here to have a look if you haven't seen it yet. I would advice Cream Caramel Auto for production and a relaxed Indica high and Black Jack Auto for high resin content, potency and a happy Sativa high. We also have Sweet Afgani Auto, which I will try next with Speed Devil #2, another autoflowering variety.

(directed for tommy) have the green poison & speed devil been tried and tested outside in uk?

I suppose they may have already been grown outdoors in you country but I have no info or data to share. Maybe some of our mates here at uk420 had them outdoors last summer, lets see if some of them share their experience with us. As our contest is done in the winter-spring time more than 90% of the grow diary threads we have here are from indoor grows...

and do Sweet Seeds only sell feminised seeds, or do they sell regular seeds also?

Sweet Seeds is specialized in feminised seeds and does not sell regular.

p.s. ive noticed the customer service tommy has given through this website, and when my landlord decides to go ahead with my referbishment on my flat, and when im all setup inside, i definatetly want to grow a few of the sweet seeds collection... and maybe enter 1 of the competitions

If all things run as we expect they will run, next year the contest will very probably be available again at uk420. This year we started sending seeds in November, so it's just a 10 month wait for you :rofl:

If you need any kind of info or advice let me know, keep it sweet! :(

|tommy_g|

nice 1 m8 :yinyang: i liked the look of the CC and didnt see the autoCC on the site, i may be inclined to purchase an auto or 2 from sweet seeds, its my birthday in a few weeks and the mrs could get me some...

i can just see the look on her face when she asks me what i want, and i reply ''big devil, cream caramel auto & green poison!!'' itll be a picture :yep:

if all goes to plan, you will have info on how well it does @56oN :idea:

happy growin CTOAUN

Oh... 56... hehe :yinyang: Go with the autos then. And try Green Poison if you want to take the risk of harvesting something in october or so, hehe....

Cream Caramel Auto is already available at the Sweet Seeds webshop, here: http://sweetseeds.es/shop/product.php?id_product=581

Now... I can tell you they were released very very shortly and I'm not sure if they'll be sent right away if you order today or if you would have to wait a couple of days because of the demand the shop may have this days, with this new seeds being sent to almost every distributor and growshop...

Stay cool, keep it sweet!

|tommy_g|

I grew Green Poison outdoors at 51 degrees and they were harvested 1st-2nd week in October, I imagine at 54 lat you'd struggle to get them to finish properly :rofl:

Thanks for the input withnail :yep:

Hope you enjoyed the strain. If you posted pics share a link :yep:

Keep it sweet!

|tommy_g|

I grew Green Poison outdoors at 51 degrees and they were harvested 1st-2nd week in October, I imagine at 54 lat you'd struggle to get them to finish properly :smoke:

Cheers withnail, I'm not going to try any of sweet seeds regular strains cos they obviously won't finish. So I'm goin for BIG DEVIL. Hopefully it will yeild good as I will be visiting weekly with liquid nutes. Has any1 grown these in UK?