Which Light?

Citizen

Ok, I was planning on useing a 250W MH for vegging and switching to 400W HPS for flowering.  But now that I have read the earlier forum on (HPI-T, HQI-T, Ventura, Osram, Son-Agro, Grolux, etc. etc).  I'm all confused.

Will I get good results from my 250/400W plan useing the bulbs available at Growell?

Please advise, thanks

Dude....

I know this may not be much help but I have used a 250W HPS from Seed and am now a week into 12/12 and everything looks sweet...

I suppose the only benifit of have different lighting is to make things faster and stronger...

With a bit of patience though you can do everything with one light...

At least I hope you can :nervous:

High Citizen,

No, Growell only sell Phillips Metal Halide bulbs.

The Ventures are the ones to go for: www.21stcenturygarden.co.uk sell Venture HQI's - the Phillips are "hopeless", according to ot1.

You can get a Son-T-Plus at Growell though, which will be the most productive for flowering.

The highest quality (but less yield) buds will come from a 400W HQI MH from Venture.

I'd recommend the Venture HQI 250 for veg. and 400W HPS Son-T-Plus for flowering: you'll be very happy with the results.

I would stay away from 'enhanced' spectrum bulbs if I were you - i.e. Son-T-Agro, Grolux, etc.

All the best,

Trichome

Ok but will the venture HQI bulbs work with my Growell ballast?  I believe the ballast I have is supposed to work with both MH and HPS.

Thanks

• 1 month later...