How Can U Get White/light Bud?

earlygirl

hey all, dont be put off by the title, what id like to know is.. how do u acheive the really light coloured tight bud that is usually sold by the dealers?? ive grown two so called white varieties but the bud after harvest is always a dark green, just harvested some white russain and it doesn't seem very white once dried a bit, still nedd to cure tho, will this change the look of the bud?? hope all understand that!!!! cheers e.g

Hello,

I have no idea how commercial growers get the bud you describe, being somewhat, out of the loop; probably an indica dom with a lack of nitrogen for the last few weeks, that should produce a light green rock bud, does it fizzle when you smoke it?

And the white strains are something of a misnomer ;) they are called white due to the garish amount of visible tricomes, which give the alpine effects on some of the strains, but they are green - chlorophyll and all that. :)

I like your idea about the albino MJ plant though.

U

I found my NL went a lot lighter green and more compressed like dealer weed if left in a pocket in cling film for a couple of days. Didn't seem to affect the quality of the smoke much tho.

Edit to add: Remember not to do this unless your weed is already fully dried and cured. Otherwise it may go mouldy.

Edited by Trooper