A New House A New Place, New Potential.

ChrisC

I have a new place to live. Which has a green house type thingy. Only small. My question is this. Does anyone recommend a site for this type of thing, a faq or anything like that.

Thanks.

welcome to growing under glass Chrisc ;)

of course it has potential, good potential

any chance of a photo , or a better description of what you have

i suggest you check out the posts , or rather threads that are actively running

one advantage to growing glass is the ability to coax your plants into flowering early, which is advantageous for the united kingdom :)

need any help; give as best a description as you can, which will give the many experienced collective minds to solve whatever roadblocks you come to

ub

It's a small brick built greenhouse. With plastic see through doors and a plastic roof. About 6 foot tall. I currently house my cacti in there. It also gets very warm when the suns up. So warm it's a concern as to if it's to warm for the weed.

sounds perfect

is the door facing south, south west

or is the roof angled where it gets sun all day?

dont worry about temps , you could even take out a few bricks and use it like an indoor growroom , without the light ( a dead giveaway outdoors, :smoke:)

but you could hook up an extractor fan , or if no power you'd be able to vent hot air passively

its quite common from where i used to live that people converted their sheds into growrooms, these sheds did'nt even have floors and the plants grew straight in the dirt

the roof was fylon, and all the interior walls were painted matt white

one could cover the roof making the shed light tight, thus manipulating their plants to bud sooner :smoke:

go for it

feel free to post your ideas in growroom design

you're sure to get plenty of feedback

sounds like an excellent potential for an interesting thread :smoke:

ub

It's south facing. I'll be attempting a grow. I'll keep posting on here how I get on.