80cm Parabolic reflector

Guest budzilla2010

I had the 'pleasure' of putting one of these together last week. Took me just over an hour but I had to take it apart once half way through as I had fucked it up somewhere. Really like the reflector though, fits my cupboard like a dream.

Glad you got it sorted Budzilla :ninja:

• 1 month later...

Pm me your address and I will come round and build it for you....just give us a fiver plus travel expenses

Would have been a fiver well spent methinks!

• 1 year later...

hi all

got the bottom flat but my bulbs are going black ish at the top. if i have top flat will it move hot air away from bulb. not want to blow more bulbs

25 mins with a doob on the go :wassnnme:

I found that you attach them all at the top on a flat surface. Then put it on a 10L bucket and just spin it round as you bolt the second layer of bolts the the third. A final spin for a tighten up all over, fit the bulb holder, job done.

The bucket supports the middle leaving the wings free to flex into shape.

:smokin:

no m8 building was easy :spliff: , the vents on top plate is my prob with flat bottom the vents point at the bulb and its going blackish and 1 blew, luckly i keep old 1 as back up. Its a ebay 100cm one. will turning it around vent the air out or put fan over the top.usd a wing of year and never had one go.But well happy with bolic so want to sort it out

are your vents pionting at holder or not

thanks all :smokin:

The vents are so the raised parts are on top. Your bulbs shouldnt be going black and blowing though, whatever way round you have the vents. What bulbs are you using? some shouldnt be mounted vertically.

:smokin:

Like Sickleaf said, your vents are facing the wrong way, they should be pointing upwards m8. Pain in the arse putting them together but worth it IMO. Hope you get it sorted.

Zion86 :hippy:

• 1 year later...

just putting one together now and i've found once you've connected all the leaves to the top plate if you've got a revolving breakfast bar stool, bang a cushion on top and sit it on top then pull up a chair roll one, rotate bar stool as you work you're way round from inside to the outer :oldtoker:

Edited by elbarto 666