Side Branches

bro-d

I have been looking at my plant and noticed that the buds in the middle of my plant have withered orange hairs on them as well as new white hairs and look like the bud i would get from a dealer, whereas the top colas have far more leaves and no withered hairs on them. I still have 4 wks left to flower and so am wondering when the side colas are gonna be ready because the main colas are not nearly as crystally compared to the one in the middle?

By the way I'm growing Mazar in JI no 3, and using ionics nutes..

lol Bro-D :!:

I still have 4 wks left to flower and so am wondering when the side colas are gonna be ready because the main colas are not nearly as crystally compared to the one in the middle?

A rule-of-thumb is they are ready when about 80% of the hairs are brown. If the lower buds are ready before the top ones you can harvest them and leave the rest to mature.

if its mazar from DP it`ll run for minimum of 55 days m8, upto 10 weeks(maybe more) & theres only a few days of difference in the sides maturing to the main cola, check the trichomes not the pistils(hairs).

for some reason cola`s never seem to be quite a sparkly as the little lower budsites under my 600w hps, i`m kinda guessing this is linked to why the enviro`s produce more crystals on the main cola`s than hps lights :!:

Cool... yeah i've been checking the difference every day between the lower bud sites and the main colas and since my last post the lower parts of the main colas have started to turn amber, but the tops are still leafy and un-crystalised, so I guess that is yet to come.

Good news is they have pretty much stopped growing vertically (thank god!) and have started to fatten up.

My plant is suffering with severe nitrogen deficiency so I hope it makes it another 6 wks (no fan leaves except at the top and they are lime green :( ) I'm using crap Ionics nutes which don't seem to be working, although i've read that it's normal for the plant to become deficient during flowering. Still there is plenty of smaller healthy leaves so it should make it through.