Coffee Shop & Places to vist in amsterdam

SSJ_Sonic

Thomas cook do decent deals with hotels or easyjet for flights. If theres a group greenhouse effect is 5min from station n 2 min from rld.

Hi SSJ_Sonic, all the above mentioned hotels are in Amsterdam centrum which is where all the coffeeshops/RLD are, just a 15 mins train journey from the airport. Trains are about every 10 mins and i might add very reliable and costs just over 4 euros one way. I've stayed at the Old Quarter myself which as Serpent said is only 2mins from the RLD and right where you want to be. It is basic, no tea/coffee making or mini-bar in the rooms but the staff are friendly and they said its okay to smoke as long as you leave the window open, there are actually ash trays in the room too. Very reasonable prices and the breakfast is not too bad either, there is a bar downstairs.

Favourite haunts of mine are Basjoes, Popeyes, Amnesia, Grey Area, Rokeij, 420, Little Coffeeshop and Mellow Yellow on the southern side of dam square and Dampkring, sometimes Barneys too.

Also try bmibaby for the flights.

Enjoy your trip! lol

Yeah that is 1 of the downsides of The Old Quarter not having brew making facilities, but its not a major issue as we pop to Albert Heijn, a bit like a spar and pretty cheap as well, and stock up with munchies/drinks (chocomel - lovely!) to take to the room.

As for flights, we nearly always use easyjet, the earlier you book it, the cheaper it is, ohh and The Old Quarter, as with most hotels I think, its cheaper mid week than at weekends.

My family is planning to visit Amsterdam on our vacation, the replies on your thread would really be helpful. Nice thread, now I have some ideas where to stop by in case we are already tired of all the wandering. Thanks a lot.