Coffee Shop & Places to vist in amsterdam

SSJ_Sonic

Hello all, Meryy xmas!

For my birthday me and some close mates fancy a trip to amsterdam, for few days. What i wanted to know is what area would be best to stay and what coffee shops do you recomend?

I have never been so not sure where to go?> All advice and info welcome.

Regards

Sonic

I always stay at The Quentin Arrive on haarlemmerstraat. Its cheap, clean, quiet, close to the train station & in a nice area surrounded by coffeeshops. What more could you ask for?

If you spot a 25 stone Moroccan prostitute with a lazy eye (Left eye I think), can you ask her for my wallet back please, it had some important stuff in there as well as my money.

:rofl: @ Lake, she shouldnt be too hard to find. incidinetally that Looks like some more ammunition for the "Dating thread" :wassnnme:

Im heading out in a few weeks for my bday too, we havent booked anywhere to stay yet, The Quentin looks nice, but I'd be interested in some other recommendations too, there'll be about 4-5 of us.

High 'SSJ_Sonic', I like the Estherea, however that's well on the side of pricey, but most of the NH Hotels are good or if you like it you could try 'Bobs Youth Hostel' and that's got a Coffee Shop in the basement. If you want to suss CS's then try these - hxxp://www.coffeeshopsamsterdam.com/home.html or hxxp://www.ultimatecoffeeshopguide.com/index1.asp :wassnnme:

Hi the greenhouse effect hotel iss nice clean and they do apartments too. check out amsterdamcribs too. both r smoker friendly.

On the cs front hunters n katsu have some very good weed n i like to get somethin from barneys normally their acapulco gold. Grey area is highly recomended n the greenplace has a decent menue too. also voyagers has started to get some good reports n also has a small hotel.

I like the Estherea, however that's well on the side of pricey

I got a deal on that place once, having booked a 'smoking room' I thought it would all be good. When I arrived at my room I discovered a plastic sign with a picture of a cannabis bud embossed with a red no smoking design pasted over the front of it, with a sign saying something down the lines of 'if you smoke cannabis on our premises then you will be removed and will not receive any money back for the accommodation you paid for'. I also had the impression that because I wasn't rich I was out of place in there 4 star hotel, stoner in the corner doesn't match the diamond cut glass chandelier :oldtoker: , won't be staying there again myself that's for sure, but I suppose it might be what some people are after. Can't fault the hotel itself, modern, clean and fresh as I said I just feel perhaps I wasn't there ideal client.

Always liked Frederic.nl myself as he rents out private accommodations around the city some of which are toker friendly, you have your own key to the place you stay so can come and go as you wish which I find suits me much better than staying in a hotel. I go for the cheaper properties that he rents out as it can be cheaper than staying at a hotel also.

Coffeeshops - I would check out Central on the Prins Hendrikkade, The Grea Area at the Oude Leliestraat, The Green Place on Kloveniersburgwal, De Dampkring at Handboogstraat and De Rokerij on The Singel.

Have a good one

:thumsup:

Edited by Hashishin

I was in Amsterdam back in October. My favourite place is Basjoes, their heavens haze was great. Also recommend Hunters (super silver haze) and Katsu (black widow & Lavender).

I think the best place to stay is around the Jordaan area. You are right in among it then. I'll be there a week on Friday for 3 days enjoying myself no matter what folk say about Dam :ninja:

If you see me, come over and say hi, and I'll gladly let you treat me to a smoke :spliff:

Owd

If you want cheap & cheerful you can't go wrong with The Old Quarter on Warmoesstraat which is between the Damrak & RLD and just a few doors up from Hill Street Blues, it is basic, but its clean and smoker friendly :smoke:

As for coffee shops Cafe 420 De Kuil has been my fave for while, its really friendly, they do some cracking super silver haze and you can take in your own food and eat it there, other places I always visit are Homegrown Fantasy, Popeye's, Bas Joe's, Mellow Yellow, Amnesia, Hill Street Blues & Hill Street Blues on the Market.

Enjoy your trip :stoned:

Ohh and the Greenhouse Effect, it was mentioned above that they also rent out rooms, never stayed there myself, but got a friend who's stayed in them a few times, he said they actively encourage you to smoke in the rooms and if you show your room key to he bud tender, you get, I think, 10% off your smoke :stoned:

Wow thanks for the info guys will read up more now thanks.

Nope not decided but we go on the 27th-ish of Jan, 2011.

When are you going?

Wheres best place to book Flights? And in relation to these Hostles, how close are they from Airport? And how close to the red light district[sp] ?

Regards Jim