Moist Buds From Dealer

b8MAN

Hi all

Little problem. Have just bought some weed (hopefully for the last time!) and for the first time i've noticed that it's a little moist. The stem doesn't break when i bend it and the buds are spongy.

Just wondering what you would advise to get it dried? It's already cut down and in bud form.

And does this mean I still have to cure it? (as in put it in bottles and burp it and not smoke it for a month????)

Thanks

B8 :smoke:

edit: it's pretty strong mind, hence mistake which needed correcting

Edited by Mr_b8MAN

dealers sell damp weed cuase its heavier :smoke:

also id be cuatious if it reeks of piss wouldnt put it past the scum

put it in a brown bag and leave on mild radior or hang it up dry it and then cure it in a glass air tight glass for a couple weeks :smug: burping the jar every day to let new air in

as good as ddealer weed can be

hopefully ull have that shite ditched soon bud :smoke:

cant beat smoking free bud and grown by yer own hands

OK - so if i just put it in the airing cupboard spread out on bits of paper?????

and i'd say the stuff i've got from this guy the last few times is homegrown stuff using HPS and a spare flat or two. And i think the beanz he's using are pretty good too. I'd like to think that it's ppl like the two professional growers in Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, but suspect it's a little shabbier than that. :smoke:

b8

if i get a small amount of wet bud from a dealer (less than an eighth), i wrap it in paper and leave it in a dark dry place for a day or two

i wouldnt bother curing unless you have at least a Q of it

if ya just bought a q and ya want a smoke like me, u got2 smoke as it cums.

well 22 days without a smoke ... i dont think i can do it tbh :spliff:

Ok ppl - thanks for the advice.

It's a rarity to find a dealer who can lay his hands on good dope, so now that i've found one who can, i generally I don't buy less than an oz at a time.

Under the scope it looks good, with plenty of glands and, apart from the dampness, good looking weed. But it's far too damp to really enjoy at present. Made throat and lungs ache! and these are usually pretty hardened lungs!

I'm going to dry it in a dark place wrapped in paper for a few days then cure as best I can. I'm not worried about the wait really - as long as I know it's there for a rainy day, then i don't feel I have to smoke it straight away.

Besides, good practice for my first home grown (which will only be starting when i find a new place to live - which is proving harder than first thought. It was a little optimistic saying it would be the last time i bought - but its not far off)

Anyway - thanks again

B8man :guitar:

I'm going to dry it in a dark place wrapped in paper for a few days then cure as best I can. I'm not worried about the wait really - as long as I know it's there for a rainy day, then i don't feel I have to smoke it straight away.

Fair play mate i wish i had your will power !

Mithrandir.

Brown paper bag a-hunting i go.....

Seriously, newspaper would release toxins into the weed?

I'm worried about the mould spores aspect too. i'm keeping it spread out and dark in a ventilated room right now so should be pretty low humidity. Not sure thats enough though.

B8

Seriously, newspaper would release toxins into the weed?

yea it might soak up some of the ink or some crap :wassnnme:

sorry i should have said that newspapers no good

my last crop was wrapped in plain white paper and for this crop, i have a roll of brown paper (couldnt find brown paper bags anywhere) :unsure:

HI dudes

I use a laboratory desicator with silica gel in it to dry any weed that is damp,this works fine for me and only takes a day to dry out totaly.

ive tried paper and paper bags but they took ages.

i work in a science dept in school so its easy for me to lay my hands on such things but you may find one on ebay.

good luck and most of all keep smokin

goodshit :unsure:

hey goodshit, i reckon the whole drying/curing process is sposed to be slow m8, thats why it improves the taste of the smoke :unsure: